Senior FP&A Analyst
Finance/Accounting | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list published in June 2019, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and has 450 employees. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates. Our expansion has created the need for a talented and experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join our team. If you would like to work with a product that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
As our new Senior FP&A Analyst you will be working closely with the Chief Financial Officer and leadership team to provide stakeholders with timely and effective forecast data, analysis and recommendations to help make business decisions to drive the company toward its strategic goals.
Here are some things you will tackle:
1. Budgeting, Forecasting & Analysis
- Developing financial models for the annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly forecasts for revenue, expense, cash, cap ex, EBITDA etc.
- Working closely with the leadership team determining robust assumptions to drive the rolling forecast model.
- Managing and coordinating the business’s operational forecasting process and annual budgeting process.
- Ensuring the rolling forecast model and budget accurately reflects the operational assumptions of the leadership team.
- Regularly providing the leadership team with a rolling four quarter forecast together with actuals variance analysis and explanation.
- Running scenario analysis using the business’s forecasting model.
- Working with the leadership team to develop, track and report on key operating metrics for the business.
- Working with sales operations to develop a standard reporting cadence for quarterly business reviews of the operational functions.
- Working with the CFO and the senior leadership team to develop and maintain 3 and 5 year projections and growth assumptions for the business.
2. Stakeholder Reporting
- Management of monthly Board report preparation. Responsible for co ordinating operational lead contributions, reviewing and challenging actual versus forecast analysis provided and assisting in ensuring clear messages are communicated to the Board.
- Presenting the forecast assumptions and performance verbally and in written format.
- Contributing to the production of special project presentations and other types communication to stakeholders (including lenders, shareholder and potential new investors).
3. Special Projects (Potential)
- Leadership of special projects including review of projected forecast data for potential acquisitions.
- Challenging and standardizing our methodology for revenue and direct cost categorization by product / revenue type across the core business and new acquisitions.
- Establishing and implementing cash flow by product analysis across the group.
- Leadership of cost and operational benchmarking projects. Presentation of findings and recommendations to the leadership team.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years’ experience performing FP&A function
- Strong excel/modeling skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated
- Experienced in owning and modifying a financial model for reforecasting and scenario analysis purposes
- Ability to present of financial information both orally and written (PowerPoint)
- Prior exposure to preparation of financial forecasts for external stakeholders
- Excellent communicator and team player
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”