Senior Database Engineer
Software Engineering | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list published in June 2019, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and will have 400 employees in the Framingham office by the end of the year. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates. Our expansion has created the need for a talented and experienced Senior Database Engineer to lead our Software Engineering vertical. If you would like to develop a product that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
As a Senior Database Engineer, you will join our growing Engineering team. You will work with teams of engineers to help them all learn, grow and succeed. You will provide technical leadership to the team and hold accountability for technical decisions.
The Senior Database Engineer at Definitive Healthcare:
- Has more than 6 years of experience in a fast-paced Agile software development environment
- Ensures solutions are built, according to business and technical specifications, supporting an error-free and high-performing platform
- Contributes significantly to architectural decisions
- Seeks ownership of platform components and projects
- Performs code reviews and supports SQL optimization and tuning
- Mentors more junior members of the team
- Participates in Agile ceremonies
- Is always thinking of better ways to do something
- Isn’t afraid to fail
- Cares deeply about quality
- Solid computer science fundamentals
- Advanced knowledge of RDMS platforms such as Microsoft SQL Server (2012+), Oracle, MySQL
- Experience with cloud database systems, preferably with Azure
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server database engine, including physical storage and file systems, indexing, tuning, query optimization, OLTP and OLAP fundamentals
- Knowledge of and experience with MS SQL Server features, such as SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Service Broker, Full-text Search
- Experience supporting high volume transactional applications with high concurrency
- Demonstrated ability to create normalized and star-schema database designs using database modeling techniques. Superior understanding of normalization and denormalization.
- Working knowledge of BigData, NoSQL and Graph databases
- Can deliver high-quality database solutions with minimal supervision
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!