Senior Data Scientist
Product | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on their Best Places to Work list, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and has close to 600 employees. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates.
Our expansion has created the need for an energetic and motivated Senior Data Scientist to join our team. If you would like to work at a fast-paced company that is experiencing high growth, keep reading!
Senior Data Scientists play a vital and important role in product development by leveraging advanced analytic methods to add value to Definitive’s proprietary data assets. The Senior Data Scientist for this opening will focus on designing, developing, and implementing advanced analytics within the product to further the Commercial Strategy goals of our clients.
The SDS will manage and lead multiple strategic product enhancements that provide insights focused on critical issues for our clients. The SDS will define project plans, guide and conduct research and analysis efforts, develop Commercial Strategy analytic framework, and coach and mentor junior data scientists.
In this role, you will:
- Synthesize large amounts of data into discrete stories and assumptions to determine the “so-what” for clients who use our product
- Produce quality scalable analytics with minimal supervision and maintain high client satisfaction through proactive client interaction and engagement
- Build therapeutic area and domain expertise to apply to scalable product solutions and thought leadership initiatives
- Project Manage all aspects of assigned product enhancements including execution of key project activities
- Lead and guide the work plan including oversight of quantitative analysis (e.g. forecasting, estimating) to obtain key insights and findings for the product
- Oversee the work of junior Data Scientists
- Work with senior staff to promote consistent operations, efficient use of resources and knowledge sharing / best practices
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional development through trainings and/or unstructured sessions, as well as mentoring junior staff to assist in their growth
- Contribute to the social environment by executing assigned firm-building activities including knowledge management, internal training sessions and assisting with recruiting top talent
- BA/BS in Statistics, Computer Science, or Engineering is required; MS, PhD preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience in applied Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, or other Data Science methods within life sciences
- Extensive Python, SQL, and Jupyter Notebook experience is required
- Strong working knowledge of SQL in the cloud (Azure preferred, AWS or Google Cloud acceptable)
- Proficiency across various consulting and research methodologies, including the execution of quantitative analysis and analytic modeling/forecasting
- Domain Experience in Commercial Strategy and/or Pricing & Market Access desired
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills including presentations, meeting/workshop facilitation and business writing
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to work with colleagues across the organization
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Experienced with all Microsoft Office products is critical, especially PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!