Senior Data Operations Analyst
Professional Services | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list published in June 2019, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and will have 300 employees in the Framingham office by the end of the year. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates. Our expansion has created the need for a talented and experienced Senior Data Operations Analyst to join our Professional Services Team. If you would like to (sell/work with/develop) a product that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
We are seeking a self-directed, organized, and experienced Senior Data Operations Analyst to join our dynamic, high-growth team.
As a Senior Data Operations Analyst, you are interested in tackling the tough challenges of life sciences companies in a data-driven manner. You will help define performance as you guide team collaboration and drive client delivery. You will work side-by-side with an incredible analytics team as they apply advanced methods to big data to solve consequential and complex problems.
Here are the things you will tackle:
- Coordinate cross-functional, data-driven projects to ensure deliverables are to scope, timelines are met and – mostly important – clients are satisfied
- Responsible for delivery of all standard and customized client data extracts and syndication's
- Management of the Definitive sFTP environment as it relates to client delivery
- Work hand in hand with product teams to interpret relevant changes and maintain client-facing documentation in data dictionaries and master data extracts
- Develop and maintain internal Professional Services environments including but not limited to all databases, tables, stored procedures and views
- Manage scheduled jobs as they relate to data operations and client delivery including automation of daily QC check to ensure proper follow up on any issues
- Implement and deploy Quality Control methods to ensure accurate delivery of data and guard against run-time errors, outdated references, and monitor for general querying best practices
- Automate checks against scheduled jobs for proper naming conventions and outdated or duplicate tasks
- Optimize naming conventions for scheduled jobs and stored procedures
- Act as a primary point of contact for internal teams such as Product Development & Professional Services leadership
- Report on regular client usage with regards to their sFTP and data extract download activity
- Manage and communicate timelines to internal teams
- Coordinate and facilitate internal meetings with product and other Professional Services team members
- Promote inter-departmental collaboration to foster a positive team environment
- Mentor and train junior staff on technical concepts and best practices.
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Finance, Business or related field and/or equivalent education and work experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- 6-10 years of data operations experience working with large data sets and making data-driven analytical decisions
- Demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility
- Proven leadership experience
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 4-5+ years of relevant SQL experience developing SQL queries, views, and stored procedures
- Demonstrated experience in ETL methodology for data transformation
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple priorities and projects
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, team environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!