Senior Big Data Engineer
Engineering | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on their Best Places to Work list, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and has close to 600 employees. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates.
Our expansion has created the need for an energetic and motivated Senior Big Data Engineer to join our Database Engineering Team. If you would like to work at a fast-paced company that is experiencing high growth, keep reading!
As a Senior Database Engineer, you will join our growing Engineering team. You will work with teams of engineers to help them all learn, grow and succeed. You will provide technical leadership to the team and hold accountability for technical decisions.
The Senior Big Data Engineer at Definitive Healthcare:
- Has more than 5 years of design and development experience building data pipelines in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Ensures solutions are built, according to business and technical specifications, supporting an error-free and high-performing platform
- Contributes significantly to architectural decisions around our data
- Performs code reviews and inputs to optimize Data Pipeline , SQL tuning
- Mentors junior members of the team
- Participates in Agile ceremonies
- Is always thinking of better ways to do something
- Isn’t afraid to fail
- Cares deeply about quality
- Solid computer science fundamentals
- Understands deeply how to build Data Lake, Data warehouses and data marts
- Advanced knowledge of Big Data PaaS components in the cloud, preferably with Azure, Databricks
- Strong ability to design and build complex software systems in the cloud to meet any Big Data needs
- Demonstrated ability to create normalized and star-schema database designs using database modeling techniques. Superior understanding of normalization and denormalization.
- 3+ Years’ experience in SQL and development experience with Apache Spark or Python
- Proficiency with HDFS, NoSQL, Graph databases and data visualization tools is preferred
- Can deliver high-quality data solutions with minimal supervision
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!