Sales Training Content Specialist
Sales Enablement & Operations | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list published in June 2019, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and will have 300 employees in the Framingham office by the end of the year. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates. Our expansion has created the need for a talented and experienced Sales Training Content Specialist to join our Sales Enablement & Operations Team. If you would like to work with a product that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
This role will help the Sales Training team to design programs, trainings, workshops and exercises that connect learners with the most effective ways to excel in their roles. The perfect candidate for this role will combine experience in instructional design and training development with an enthusiasm for live & digital training facilitation. We are looking for a skilled B2B Leaning & Development professional who gets excited working with Sales and Customer Success professionals to hit their goals while solving customer challenges.
You will work very closely with Sales Leaders, Sales Executives, and Account Managers to ensure all members achieve top performance. You have a strong background in developing training that captures different styles of adult learning to create meaningful behavioral change. You will be responsible for the development and delivery of sales training content alongside other members of the sales training team, including product updates & releases, fundamental selling skills, skills-based tenured rep development, and train-the-trainer resources for application by our New Business and Existing Business Sales Leaders. Reporting directly to the Head of Sales Training, this position will be based in Framingham, MA.
Here are the things you will tackle:
- Deliver training and coaching to new hires, seasoned sellers, and managers across our Go-To-Market organization in live and digital settings of all sizes.
- Define content, facilitation, and program structure standards across all Sales Training initiatives to increase knowledge retention and application of on-the job skills.
- Develop, administer, and coordinate sales training schedules and programs including: new hire training, annual sales kick off, new feature & product releases, and ongoing sales skill training.
- Collaborate with internal resources to create, update, and deliver training programs to improve the overall productivity of our sales force.
- Partner with and spotlight internal subject matter experts to assist with development and delivery of training content, building a community of training partners throughout the Go-To-Market teams.
- Spearhead our strategy to incorporate digital learning into our programs and effectively transform us to a true blended learning environment.
- Through direct observation and partnership with your teammates, assess sales reps, teams, and management to determine training needs.
- Solicit sales feedback to identify areas of improvement in sales training and sales messaging
- Stay connected to trends in the L&D landscape to help our team continuously improve our standards of execution
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS in business, marketing, sales or related area or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience, ideally with 2 years sales training/coaching experience in the B2B role and 2 years in a customer-facing role
- Serious passion for helping others to learn and develop
- Team Orientation; an excitement for working with others to unlock their potential and deliver results greater than the sum of the parts
- Strong knowledge of B2B go-to-market and sales processes including sales methodologies and sales skills
- Experience equipping customer-facing teams to bring new products to market and expand into new markets
- Knowledge and proficiencies in B2B buyer processes
- Strong presentation and training skills, including online delivery
- Instructional design and content development for modern adult learning
- Leadership development and consulting skills
- Excellent planning, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively with multiple levels of management Willingness to travel occasionally as public health conditions permit
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“There is ample opportunity for new sales reps and older sales reps to grow and take on new roles. The comp plan is favorable and quotas are attainable. The product sells itself and continues to get better.”
“There are good opportunities to learn from other teams and from leadership, so it's a great atmosphere for professional growth.”
“I have 17+ years of service and sales experience; Hands down the best people and best company I've ever worked.”
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!