Sales Director, New Business
Sales | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers. Recently honored by the Boston Globe as one of the Best Place to Work, and by the Boston Business Journal as the 10th fastest growing private company in Massachusetts, and ranked #611 nationally on the Inc. 5000 list; Definitive has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years to more than 300 employees.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list published in June 2019, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and will have 300 employees in the Framingham office by the end of the year. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates. Our expansion has created the need for a talented New Business Sales Director to join our Sales Team. If you would like to lead a team in selling a product that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
As the New Business Sales Director, you will be responsible for the leadership, hiring, development, and performance of a team of quota carrying sales professionals focused on new logo acquisition. You will work closely with team members to drive new product demonstrations, convert those demonstrations into opportunities, and help close business. Success for this position will be measured in terms of quota attainment, new logo acquisition, demo volume, and close ratio. This is a hands-on position requiring someone who loves both sales and coaching, and is excited about rolling up their sleeves and jumping on the phone with their team members to help them be successful. The ideal candidate, in addition to consistently delivering results, will have a passion for teaching a growth mindset and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
Some things you’ll tackle:
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual team revenue quotas and KPI targets
- Build a metrics based culture of excellence; focused on activity, accountability, and achievement
- Directly assist in all phases of the sales process including: prospecting, value proposition, product demonstration, follow-up, and closing
- Hire, train, and develop new team members to achieve their full potential
- Create a fun and positive high performance work environment that celebrates success
- Coach, mentor, and instill leadership and management best practices throughout the organization
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of new business inside sales experience
- 3+ years of front line sales management experience, and a process oriented mindset
- Proven ability to be successful in a high velocity sales cycle
- Desire to be hands-on and an active participant in prospecting, product demonstration, and closing new business
- Track record of over quota performance, both as an individual contributor and manager
- Passion for developing team members, and teaching a growth mindset
- Deep commitment to excellence, and a high level of motivation and energy
- Smart, with a powerful work ethic, humor, and enthusiasm
Some other things you should know:
This is a highly visible new leadership role, reporting directly to our VP of Sales, and is strategic to the company’s exciting growth plans. You will work closely with all management and customer facing individuals. Significant growth in the future is expected and you will be empowered to set a strategy and make improvements.
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!