Sales Director, Medical Device
Account Management | Remote | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list published in June 2019, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and has over 400 employees. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates.
Our expansion has created the need for a talented and experienced Sales Director - Medical Device to join our Account Management sales team to help take us from the small startup we were to the industry leading company we are becoming. If you love the idea of selling a product that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
As our new Sales Director for the Medical Device vertical, you will lead a team Account Executives, responsible for managing and growing our client base. Your Account Executives focus on engaging the right senior level contacts at medical device accounts in order to identify and close sales growth opportunities. They are also responsible for renewing contracts with our existing client base. You will coach, mentor, and motivate your team to help them generate new revenue opportunities. This position reports to our Senior Vice President of Account Management & Customer Experience. It is a newly created position due to the growth of our company and in this over the past year.
Here are the things you will be responsible for :
- Deliver exceptional team results according to defined monthly, quarterly, and annual productivity measures; such as renewal rates and upsell quotas
- Inspire and lead your team to success through regular feedback and training
- Coach team members, and serve as an escalation point on challenging client interventions around contracts and price increases
- Collect, analyze, and report data around team, individual, and operational performance
- Assist in the hiring, on-boarding, and development of new Account Executives
- Continuously improve upon processes and initiatives
- Ensure team discipline around Salesforce CRM account and opportunity management
- Collaborate with your Sales Director colleagues to drive constant improvement to scale the business more efficiently
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS from a 4-year university
- 5+ years of related sales and account management experience
- 2 or more years of experience in a leadership or management role
- A demonstrable history of sales and leadership quota achievement
- Ability to coach and manage a team of account managers responsible for renewing and upselling an existing client base
- History of taking accountability for results, self-motivation and exceptional drive
- High level of organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple processes with minimal supervision
- A positive attitude, collaborative approach enthusiasm, and compassion for clients and your teammates
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Support from talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“There is ample opportunity for new sales reps and older sales reps to grow and take on new roles. The comp plan is favorable and quotas are attainable. The product sells itself and continues to get better. ”
“There are good opportunities to learn from other teams and from leadership, so it's a great atmosphere for professional growth.”
“I have 17+ years of service and sales experience; Hands down the best people and best company I've ever worked.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!