Finance/Accounting | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list published in June 2019, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and will have 400 employees in the Framingham office by the end of the year. Our expansion has created the need for a talented Payroll Specialist to join our Accounting Team.
As our Payroll Specialist, you will report directly to the VP of Finance and Operations and will be responsible for preparing, reviewing and processing payroll and commissions for the company’s employees in a timely and accurate manner.
Here are some things you will tackle:
- Processing payroll for both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Understand proper tax treatment and processing requirements for wages and employer paid benefits
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Receive and document any necessary approvals prior to processing commissions, bonuses, payroll and any non-standard payments
- Perform proper protocols for treatment of unclaimed payroll checks
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2c, etc.)
- Work with accounting team to calculate and update any accruals for bonus or commission payments.
- Process manual checks when needed
- Update and reconcile statements from Paychex
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Working with Human Resources, manage proper on-boarding and off-boarding of employees and process company provided benefits
- Review, process and audit expense reports
What you’ll need:
- BS degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience calculating and processing payroll
- Experience working with payroll systems
- Self-starter, team player and highly motivated
- Excellent processing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!