Finance/Accounting | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Globe as the #3 Best Place to Work, and by the Boston Business Journal as the 10th fastest growing private company in Massachusetts, and ranked #611 nationally on the Inc. 5000 list; Definitive has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years to almost 250 employees. Our expansion has created the need for a Payroll and Commissions Specialist to join our Finance & Accounting Team.
As our new Payroll and Commissions Specialist, you will report directly to the corporate controller and will be responsible for preparing, reviewing and processing payroll and commissions for the company’s employees in a timely and accurate manner.
Here are some things you will tackle:
- Processing payroll for both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Understand proper tax treatment and processing requirements for wages and employer paid benefits
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Receive and document any necessary approvals prior to processing commissions, bonuses, payroll and any non-standard payments
- Perform proper protocols for treatment of unclaimed payroll checks
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2c, etc.)
- Work with accounting team to calculate and update any accruals for bonus or commission payments.
- Process manual checks when needed
- Update and reconcile statements from Paychex
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Working with Human Resources, manage proper on-boarding and off-boarding of employees and process company provided benefits
- Calculate performance against commission and bonus plans for leveraged employees and process for payment
- Review and process expense reports
What you’ll need:
- BS degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience calculating and processing payroll
- Experience working with payroll systems
- Experience with commission/bonus plans
- Self-starter, team player and highly motivated
- Excellent processing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”