Lead DevOps Engineer
Software Development | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list published in June 2019, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and will have 400 employees in the Framingham office by the end of the year. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates. Our expansion has created the need for a talented and experienced Lead DevOps Engineer to join our Software Engineering Team. If you would like to develop a product that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
As the Lead DevOps Engineer you will join our growing Engineering team. You will build and maintain an automated, reliable, predictable, and transparent software delivery pipeline. You will own the production environment and delivery of all Definitive Healthcare products.
Here are the things you will tackle:
- Maintain and ensure availability of all development environments
- Goal is to deliver software continuously (several times per day, whenever a bug is fixed, or a feature is complete)
- Foster an approach to continuous improvement in all our DevOps activities
- Sets and enforces standards to ensure software is deployed perfectly every time
- Collaborates with Engineering & IT on roadmap items to ensure readiness
- Constantly learn and grow as an engineer and an engineering leader.
- Building and deploying cloud components using infrastructure as code paradigm
What you’ll need:
- You’ve studied – you have a BA, BS, or MS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- You’ve led – you have at least 2 years of experience leading a team of engineers by setting clear expectations, keeping team members energized, and delivering great results.
- You’ve deployed – you have at least 3 years under your belt building and maintaining software deployment mechanisms such as Azure DevOps and Jenkins to many different targets: Bare metal, VMs, Cloud, Docker
- You understand infrastructure really well – you know about networking, servers, storage and operating systems (Windows & Linux)
- You’ve managed software – you have at least 3 years maintaining software version control systems such as Git and TFS
- You jump in – when there’s production issue, your sleeves are rolled up and you’re figuring out tactical and strategic solutions
- You collaborate – you can explain your work, you can ask great questions, you can listen to your peers and your customers, you can influence without authority, and you like to give and receive feedback.
- You’re a professional – you understand that it’s not enough to build pipelines. They must also be well-designed, transparent, reliable, and easy to modify over time.
- You’re learning – no matter how much you know, you are always seeking to learn more and to become a better engineer and leader.
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!