Healthcare Sales Engineer
Sales Engineering | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on their Best Places to Work list, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and has close to 600 employees. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates.
Our expansion has created the need for an energetic and motivated Healthcare Sales Engineer to join our Sales Team. If you would like to work at a fast-paced company that is experiencing high growth, keep reading!
Definitive Healthcare is looking for a technical Sales Engineer who will help Sales land new clients and grow existing business. The ideal candidate will have a blend of technical skills, sales acumen, and a strong base of healthcare industry knowledge. The core responsibilities of the position are to drive revenue through compelling demonstrations, prove the accuracy and value of Definitive’s data assets and products, and to partner with sales reps as subject matter experts. If you are, or want to be, a healthcare data geek and enjoy directly interfacing with clients this is the role for you!
Here are the things you will tackle:
- Work with Sales Executives to drive opportunity closure
- Demonstrate healthcare experience in quantifying, measuring and analyzing various metrics within Definitive Healthcare data sets
- Develop data extracts using SQL and various analytic and programming tools as needed
- Analyze data sets for outliers and trends
- Solve novel client business needs for which there may be no standard deliverable in the Definitive Healthcare products
- Present findings and analysis to customers and prospects
- Promote consistent operations, efficient use of resources and knowledge sharing
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree ideally in Computer Science, Healthcare, Finance, Economics or Math
- Knowledge or experience in Medicare and/or Commercial Claims data.
- 1-3 years of complex data management responsibilities (Big data experience a plus)
- 1-3 years of experience in quantifying and analyzing healthcare performance metrics
- Knowledge or experience in medical terminology (DRG, ICD, HCPC/CPT, NDC)
- Expertise in SQL(SQL Server and/or Google Big Query preferred); Advanced Excel skills; data visualization
- Ability to communicate ‘So What?’ when providing solutions to business requirements.
Bonus points if you have:
- Prior Sales Engineering/Presales experience
- Experience in Medical Economics and Strong Knowledge of Healthcare Performance Indicators
- Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce or Veeva.
- Other programming experience: R, Python
- Experience with modern Data Analytics/Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI.
- Analysis and forecasting of trends in medical costs to provide analytic support to healthcare data sales cycles
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!