Front End Developer
Software Development | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Definitive has been honored among the top 12 fastest growing private companies in Massachusetts for the second year a row with nearly 50% year over year revenue growth. We have gone from 120 employees at the start of 2017, to over 280 employees today; more than doubling in size over a 2-year period! Beyond the success and popularity of our products, Definitive is an incredibly special place to work. We are proud to be consistently ranked among the top 10 places to work in Boston by the Boston Globe and Boston Business Journal.
Our expansion has created the need for a talented and experienced Front End Developer to join our Software Development team. If you would like to work on a product that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
Definitive Healthcare is looking for a new front end developer who specializes in front-end, user interface development for application development. You will develop on both the web-based and mobile platform that supports approximately 25,000 users by taking business requirements and solid wire-frames to define technical requirements necessary and ultimately transform them into a scalable, high, quality finished product. You will work with a team of software developers on designing, developing, testing, and maintaining application code.
This position requires strong design acumen, with a focus on how our products engage users and draw insights based on our core intelligence. The right candidate for this job is highly skilled in full-stack development with a focus on robust, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
Here are the things you will tackle:
- Execute the full life-cycle of software development, including requirements generation, prototyping, implementation, testing, and deployment
- Bridge the gap between UI design and technical implementation, while taking an active role in both
- Seek to improve the user experience by making application interactions simple, easy, and effective (e.g. search features and functionality)
- Solicit feedback from various stakeholders including Sales, Customer Success, and Product Development
- Partner with Product, Product Strategy, Information Technology, and other members of the software development team to define appropriate business and technical requirements and set priorities
- Deliver fully-functional application pages that are simple; easy to use; and properly update, store, retrieve, and display data that meet the defined business and technical requirements
- Develop appropriate web application design patterns and frameworks to attain high re-usability and maintainability
- Build up and contribute to the User Experience design standards used among the team
What you’ll need:
- 3 – 5 years of hands-on experience as a software developer
- Expertise in .NET framework, ASPX development, and SQL Server development
- Exposure to Kendo UI/Angular JS Frameworks preferred
- A desire and willingness to be involved in the front end design
- Fluent knowledge of website navigation, browser/device differences and the ability to deliver seamless responsive experiences
- Demonstrated experience in user interface testing, including manual or regression testing models
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past application development experience and a track record of delivering quality work on time
- Passion and an eye toward user-centered design
- Superior attention to detail and craftsmanship
- An understanding of information architecture
- Familiarity with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) or Team Foundation Server (TFS) as a code repository for multiple solutions and projects
- Familiarity with Visual Studio and related tools
- Ability to work in independently in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple competing priorities and projects, and consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent documentation and communication skills to accommodate both technical and non-technical audiences
- Inherent curiosity and capability to learn new technologies plus the ability to determine the best tools to solve a complex problem
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”