Enterprise Data Architect
Software Development | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Enterprise Data Architect
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list published in June 2019, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and has over 400 employees. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates. Our expansion has created the need for a talented Enterprise Data Architect to join our engineering team. If you would like to work on a product that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
Definitive Healthcare’s products have healthcare data and actionable insights at their core. We need your help to drive forward the Enterprise Master Data Management (MDM) strategy, solutions and processes to maximize the market value of this data and associated analytics. As the Enterprise Data Architect, you will work closely with IT Infrastructure, DevOps, Product Management, Technical Operations and Software Engineering to champion industry best practices for management of large and complex healthcare data sets. Collaborating with key stakeholders, you will utilize your data management and development experience to architect a modern MDM utilizing cutting edge technologies across a hybrid-cloud environment to support Definitive Healthcare’s applications which supports 10,000+ users on weekly basis. Through a combination of RDBMS, NoSQL, Graph, and Big Data technologies you will be responsible for ensuring that all users of Definitive Healthcare’s products have a seamless, consistent, and predictable experience.
- Be a systems thinker; understand the ways users use our products and design systems to support those usage patterns
- Own the big-picture data model for Definitive Healthcare’s current and future designs
- Drive the technical direction for the Enterprise MDM, including setting data policies and procedures, standards, guidelines for data collection and onboarding, data quality, access and management
- Drive the infrastructure needs to support the MDM, collaborating with the IT Infrastructure Team
- Drive the MDM roadmap and data governance strategies
- Responsible for data modeling, data matching and merging rules, survivorship criteria and data stewardship workflows
- Partner with Product and Engineering to translate business requirements into database designs to meet the needs of the business
- Partner with Technical Operations Team to identify data quality improvement opportunities using modern tools and techniques
- Lead the ongoing implementation of an Enterprise Data Warehouse to meet the operations and analytics needs of the business, utilizing best in class technologies
- Champion “right tool for the right job mentality,” be it RDBMS, ORDBMS, NoSQL, Graph databases, a Big Data implementation, to maximize data value for the business
- 7+ years of data architecture, data management and database development experience
- 3+ years in a Technical Lead or Technical Management role
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Master Data Management strategy and data warehousing techniques/schemas
- Advanced expertise in RDBMS and ORDBMS technologies (e.g., MSSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of cloud-enabled PaaS offerings with regard to data (e.g., Azure Storage Tables, Azure DataLake, Google BigQuery)
- Master-level expertise in T-SQL
- Proven experience with Graph databases
- Has implemented NoSQL in a production environment
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Demonstrated experience with SaaS platform development in Big Data-scale environments
- Experience with modern data management tools and
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or related experience
- Has the ability to coach, mentor, and influence
- Ability to communicate to a diverse set of stakeholders, including technical and non-technical team members
- Knowledge of healthcare domain data: claims, eligibility, providers, facilities, pharma
- People management experience
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
“Best company to work for hands down”
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!