Director, Sales Operations
Sales Enablement & Operations | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list published in June 2019, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and has over 400 employees. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates. Our expansion has created the need for a talented and experienced Director, Sales Operations to join our Sales Enablement & Operations Team. If you would like to work with a product that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
This role will provide an exciting opportunity for someone to bring Sales Operations best practices to a rapidly growing sales organization. We are looking for a skilled Sales Operations leader to head up a team that will work closely with Sales Leaders, Sales Managers, Sales Executives, and Account Managers to ensure all members achieve top performance. The Director, Sales Operations will be responsible for reporting and analyzing our Go-To-Market (GTM) processes to optimize business performance. This position is responsible for the sales operations strategic plan by defining metrics for success, identifying areas for improvement, and overseeing the CRM and other technologies roadmap. Reporting directly to the Vice President, Sales Enablement & Operations, this position will be based in Framingham, MA.
Here are the things you will tackle:
- Responsible for all aspects of sales analysis, planning, reporting, process optimization, and territory planning & optimization
- Monitor effectiveness of sales efforts and ensure alignment with overall business objectives through sales analytics and reporting of sales performance
- Manage the evaluation and interpretation of data; identify trends that signal new opportunities or challenges and dangers; converts data trends into actionable sales processes and tactics
- Proactively analyze our GTM funnel(s) & provide actionable insights to the management team
- Develop dashboards that help the sales organization focus on performance drivers
- Build out sales territories while identifying coverage and capacity constraints
- Manage and optimize our sales target account list and segmentation criteria
- Drive adoption and usage of sales tools including CRM
- Influence CRM and sales technology strategy to scale ahead of the business’ needs; ensuring that the strategy considers the full needs of sales, customer success, and marketing
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure data integrity and cleanliness of the CRM with sales, marketing, and product teams.
- Participate in management decision-making processes concerning sales issues and procedures
- Serve as an escalation point for the resolution of a process and/or system issues
- Facilitate and audit deal review and approval procedures and policy compliance
- Manage a team of direct reports on the operations team.
What you’ll need:
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data, and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures, and policies.
- Proven proficiency in identifying, diagnosing, and resolving problems of all levels of complexity, prioritizing critical client issues, and identifying department needs.
- Extensive first-hand experience with progressive sales automation systems and demonstrated ability to improve sales productive
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/ drive change across functional and business boundaries.
- Strong technical, research, problem-solving and collaboration skills.
- Ability to develop and present to executive management and board.
- Expert in BI tools and CRM systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Successful track record of working effectively at all levels within the organization
- Influential negotiation skills are necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in business, sales/marketing, or related discipline, MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience working in sales, business or marketing operations, or business management and leading a team.
- Startup and SaaS experience strongly preferred.
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“There is ample opportunity for new sales reps and older sales reps to grow and take on new roles. The comp plan is favorable and quotas are attainable. The product sells itself and continues to get better.”
“There are good opportunities to learn from other teams and from leadership, so it's a great atmosphere for professional growth.”
“I have 17+ years of service and sales experience; Hands down the best people and best company I've ever worked.”
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!