Director, Pricing Strategy
Finance/Accounting | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Director, Pricing Strategy
Definitive Healthcare is the leading supplier of data on the U.S. healthcare provider market. Our platform offers the highest-quality and most comprehensive data available on hospitals, physicians, and other providers. Our clients have access to essential insights and analytics enabling shorter sales cycles, precise physician network development, and powerful segmentation across the healthcare continuum.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Definitive Healthcare is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a candidate to lead our pricing & packaging efforts as we continue to accelerate our growth in the coming years. As a Director of Pricing Strategy, you will be responsible for understanding, managing and continually enhancing Definitive’s pricing & packaging strategy for its various offerings.
Reporting to the SVP, Strategic Initiatives, in this role you will identify the value created for Definitive customers across all new and existing products, features, and services. You will then make recommendations on opportunities to pursue, how to configure our portfolio of products to best serve different market segments, and how to ensure that Definitive captures fair value for its innovative products and services. You will collaborate extensively with Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Contracts Administration and Finance to accelerate top-line growth.
A successful candidate will be a strategic thinker, highly analytical, data-driven, and customer-focused, and will bring a collaborative approach to developing long-term pricing & packaging strategies that will drive business growth.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and implement monetization, packaging, and pricing strategy across Definitive including framing strategic considerations, creating potential solutions, analyzing options, collaborating with senior executives, incorporating industry learnings, and driving towards decisions.
- Develop and reinforce across customer facing organizations a common understanding of the value that Definitive delivers to customers, and the levers that we use to capture some of that value through price.
- Deliver market research and insights into B2B health care data industry best practices.
- Maintain and upgrade our internal pricing & packaging methodologies on a regular basis in conjunction with product launches, sales kickoffs, and other regular events.
- Partner with sales and account management teams to communicate Definitive’s value effectively to prospective and current customers.
- Partner effectively with Product Management and Marketing to establish pricing and packaging for new products and features.
- Partner effectively with deal desk and the broader Finance team to ensure successful implementation of our strategies in the field and to optimize our pricing and packaging over time.
- Track, monitor and communicate our pricing and discounting performance, progress, and roadblocks to the management team on a regular basis.
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of work experience, working within a dynamic, high growth pricing organization or analytics experience with B2B subscription-based technology.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- Strong Excel modeling and data analysis skills
- Proven ability to influence senior executives
- Great communication and presentation skills, with a knack for presenting complex data in a simple and easy-to-understand manner
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry-leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Focused on the learning and development of our teams and people
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top-notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”