Director of Software Engineering
Software Development | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list published in June 2019, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and will have 400 employees in the Framingham office by the end of the year. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates. Our expansion has created the need for a talented and experienced Director of Software Engineering to lead our Software Engineering vertical. If you would like to develop a product that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
As the Director of Software Engineering you will join our growing Engineering team. You will manage teams of software engineers to help them all learn, grow and succeed. You will provide oversight to the software engineering organization and hold accountability for technical decisions.
Here are the things you will tackle:
- Drive company and product initiatives through the software engineering discipline
- Plan and prioritize work for your team, including collaborating with partner organizations
- Create an inclusive environment that attracts and retains high-performing engineers
- Constantly learn and grow as an engineering leader
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering leads to drive innovation, scalability and cloud adoption across the DHC platform
What you’ll need:
- You’ve studied – you have a BA, BS, or MS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- You’ve built stuff – you have significant, proven experience in building complex systems on which companies rely. SaaS platform development experience at scale using modern architectures (SPA, Microservices, SQL and NoSQL databases, DevOps/CI/CD) is strongly preferred.
- You’ve taught – you’ve made the engineers on your team better engineers, colleagues, collaborators, leaders, and teachers. Evangelizing for engineering best practices encompassing system performance and scalability, application security, test automation and development of the team’s T-shaped skills is highly desired.
- You’ve led – you have at least 4 years of experience leading teams of engineers by setting clear expectations, keeping team members energized, and delivering great results. Significant experience leading Agile teams with the Scrum methodology is strongly preferred.
- You’ve influenced – you are clear on company and engineering goals, you can influence with or without authority, and you like to give and receive feedback.
- You’re learning – no matter how much you know, you are always seeking to learn more and to become a better engineer and leader.
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!