Director of Product Design
Product | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on their Best Places to Work list, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and has close to 600 employees. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates.
Our expansion has created the need for an energetic and motivated Director of Product Design to join our Product Team. We are seeking a Designer who has lead a team with strong UI/UX, mockup, wireframe and prototyping skills. If you would like to work at a fast-paced company that is experiencing high growth, keep reading!
The Director of Product Design will play a critical role on our Product team to drive continued company growth.
Responsibilities for you to tackle include:
- Produce product sketches, wireframes, mockups, conceptual designs and layouts for user-facing functionality, judging the appropriate level of fidelity
- Partner with cross-functional teams to design features end-to-end
- Champion design and deeply partner with Product Managers and Engineering to ensure quality user experiences to ensure we ship products our customers love
- Leverage, own, and build on our existing design system, optimizing for versatility, re-use, usability, brand distinction, and visual delight
- Manage a small, but growing design team
- Online portfolio that demonstrates your design experience and talents, showcasing your ability to solve complex problems and /or comprehension of fundamental design frameworks
- 10+ years of UX design experience; experience designing for B2B software/applications is required
- Proven experience with design tools, preferably Figma
Success in this role will be driven by:
- Influencing and partnering with agile teams of product managers, engineers, and other UX designers framing and solving problems across large or complex areas
- Ability to clearly articulate design solutions to key stakeholder groups, ranging from Product Management to Engineering, driving B2B product initiatives
- An enthusiasm and ability to grow a newly forming design team, and its associated process. You'll be an advocate for design thinking and an ambassador for establishing Definitive Healthcare's design culture by promoting the role and its importance to the company and our vision
- A user-centric design approach based on empathy and passion
- Both an invaluable collaborator and autonomous -- you know how to communicate productively with teammates at all levels and take ownership of every detail of your work
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- DefinitiveCares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!