Data Analyst Manager
Professional Services | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list published in June 2019, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and will have 350 employees in the Framingham office by the end of the year. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates.
Our expansion has created the need for a talented, motivated, and analytical Data Analyst Manager to join our Professional Services Team and support our pre-sales process. If you would like to work on a product that is in high demand and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
As a Data Analyst Manager at Definitive Healthcare, your mission will be to lead a small team of Data Analysts to provide custom sample reports and contextualize that data to assist in the pre-sales process, proving the value of our data assets. Your team is responsible for synthesizing data in SQL and delivering accurate sample reports and visualizations in a timely manner.
We’re looking for a highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication, time management, and problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate for this position has strong technical abilities, enjoys conversing with clients and has experience dealing with the fast pace life cycle of healthcare software sales. Specific duties will include the following:
- Lead a team of 4-6 Data Analysts responsible for delivering custom sample projects in SQL, Excel, PowerPoint or other software for use in proving Definitive’s data can fit a prospective client use case
- Effectively manage the pipeline and inventory of sales reports and call support requests from receipt onwards
- Provide sales representatives with price quotes and feasibility for customized work
- Manage the RFP process, delegating tasks to relevant team members and ensure timely delivery
- Understand priority of opportunities based on your communication with Sales representatives
- Guide, maintain, and implement Professional Services best practices as it relates to the pre-sales cycle
- Routinely discuss relevant opportunities with the Sales team
- Act as a primary point of contact with the Sales organization to optimize inter-departmental operations
- Manage day-to-day operations, goal setting, career development, performance management, and growth of team members
- Contribute ideas to enhance product offerings
- Brainstorm and implement methods to maintain team KPIs
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year institution; background in quantitative science (e.g. Health Informatics, Computer Science, Economics) a plus
- 4-6 years of work experience in a professional office setting, with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility
- 3+ years of relevant SQL experience developing SQL queries, views, and stored procedures
- Experience working with sales teams
- Experience working in the healthcare market, specifically with healthcare data
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work collaboratively across departments
- High level of organization skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Proven leadership experience
Bonus points if you have:
- 1-2 years of management or leadership experience
- Previous project management experience
- Previous experience in visualization/BI tools
- Previous sales support or sales engineering experience
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!