Finance/Accounting | Framingham, MA | Full Time
The Controller will be the principal keeper of the company’s books and records and make sure the company is in compliance with applicable accounting requirements and is adhering to its financial plan. The Controller will also ensure that resources of the company are protected and that cash and other assets are used for their intended purpose. The position will be the main liaison with all department heads providing information and support on their individual profit and expense centers so they can manage their operations. In addition, the position will be the primary support to the CFO in providing information to the executive team, shareholders and the Board of Directors.
Role & Responsibilities
- Oversee the booking and records detailing transactions and expenses in accordance with GAAP and revenue recognition rules.
- Oversee accounting activities and cash, investment, and asset management.
- Oversee the payment of expenses and invoices consistent with company policies and controls.
- Develop and coordinate the operational functions of the accounting department.
- Develop close procedures which helps the company report its financial results in a timely manner.
- Serve as the business owner of the accounting system and ensure the automation of key processes.
- Oversees, mentor, manage, hire and train a staff of 2-6 people.
- Secondary interface with all employees on pay and benefits.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and serving as the primary contact for the external auditors.
- Track, forecast and analyze the use of cash to ensure the company has sufficient funds to meet its obligations.
- Review and track key metrics to ensure the company is in compliance with its obligations for key financial drivers.
- Compare actual performance against budget by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data and recommending actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Ensures compliance with tax requirements and serves as the primary point of contact with outside tax consultants.
- Calculates purchase accounting and related analysis for earn outs, working capital adjustments, escrows, synergies or other financial requirements resulting from merger or acquisition activity by the company.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Exceptional grades with a bachelor’s degree in an accounting or finance program.
- CPA and advanced degree preferred
- Ten years of general accounting and finance experience
- Skills/Specialties include Accounts Payable , Accounts Receivable , Budget Management, Compliance, Financial Analysis, Accounting Systems, Payroll.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills required
- Ability to work independently as well as with cross functional groups
- Must be a self-starter with good written and verbal communication skills in a fast-paced environment with multi-tasking capabilities