Finance/Accounting | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on their Best Places to Work list, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and has 450 employees. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates. Our expansion has created the need for a talented and experienced Assistant Controller to join our Accounting Team. If you would like to work with a product and company that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
Reporting to the Controller, the Assistant Controller will serve as the technical accounting subject-matter expert, overseeing the preparation and analysis of financial statements and the development of policies, procedures and internal controls. You will be an integral part of building a technical infrastructure and control environment to support Definitive Healthcare’s growth and IPO readiness.
Here are the things you will tackle:
- Prepare timely and accurate U.S. GAAP and eventual SEC compliant financial statements (including footnotes), analysis and KPI metrics for management, board of directors, investors and lenders
- Research and analyze complex technical accounting topics impacting the company, including evaluation, documentation and communication of all conclusions and implementation recommendations.
- Design, implement and document appropriate policies, procedures and controls to maintain an effective internal control environment, with a drive towards SOX readiness and compliance
- Assist with equity management, including administration of the cap table management tool, 409A valuations and equity-based compensation
- Provide accounting expertise and support for potential M&A transactions; pre-acquisition due diligence, purchase accounting and post-acquisition integration
- Interact with Big 4 external auditor on financial statements and accounting matters to ensure agreement with decisions on accounting issues and disclosures
- Prepare debt covenant calculations and compliance reporting packages
- When applicable, lead the external financial reporting process: ensuring that the annual report (10-K), quarterly reports (10-Q’s), and Proxy Statement are prepared in compliance with company policies and directives, U.S. GAAP, and applicable SEC reporting requirements
- Coordinate distribution and comment resolution of earnings press releases, 10K and 10Qs to the Executive Team, external counsel and auditors
- Lead the eventual design and buildout of the SEC reporting structure, including implementation and management of an external reporting software solution
- Coordinate and manage all state and federal income tax filings with tax compliance professionals
- Provide advice on handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Perform other accounting or financial ad-hoc projects as required
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, public accounting experience, CPA designation required.
- 8+ years of relevant accounting and finance experience
- Experience with public company SEC filings and Sarbanes Oxley
- Experience with IPO readiness and S1 filings a big plus
- Strong technical skills, including a solid understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations
- International and multi-currency exposure a plus
- Positive attitude with a high level of integrity and dependability
- Results oriented with an ability to work under tight timelines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!