Finance/Accounting | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named one of the best large companies to work for on Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and will have more than 700 employees by the end of the year. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates. Our expansion has created the need for a talented and experienced Accounting Director to join our Accounting Team. If you would like to work with a product and company that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
Reporting to the VP, Finance Operations, the Accounting Director will serve as the accounting subject-matter expert, overseeing the compilation and preparation of financial statements and the development and implementation of accounting related policies, procedures and internal controls. You will be an integral part of maintaining an effective and efficient accounting team to support Definitive Healthcare’s growth and IPO readiness.
Here are the things you will tackle:
- Manage and lead the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes.
- Support the preparation of timely and accurate U.S. GAAP and eventual SEC compliant financial statements, analysis and KPI metrics for management, board of directors, investors and lenders.
- Research and analyze accounting topics impacting the company, including evaluation, documentation and communication of all conclusions and implementation recommendations
- Oversee the preparation and compilation of balance sheets, cash flow statements and account analyses.
- Consolidate international entities as part of the close process
- Oversee Accounts Payable in accordance with company policies
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Oversee and review monthly bank account reconciliations
- Prepare, review, document, and approve journal entries, account reconciliations, and intercompany transactions
- Manage and maintain accurate historical fixed asset and associated depreciation schedules
- Develop, document and manage effective accounting related internal control processes
- Primary contact with external auditor field team to provide support and answer questions for annual audit
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Provide accounting expertise and support for potential M&A transactions; pre-acquisition due diligence, purchase accounting, and post-acquisition integration
- Implement best practices over financial statement preparation and reporting, general ledger account reconciliations and financial analysis
- Provide advice on handling of non-routine accounting related transactions.
- Perform other accounting or financial ad-hoc projects as required.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, public accounting experience, CPA designation preferred.
- International and multi-currency accounting experience required
- 8+ years of relevant accounting and finance experience, preferably in a multi-national setting
- Experience leading and working in a public company accounting department preferred
- Strong analytical and technical skills, including a solid understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Positive attitude with a high level of integrity and dependability
- Results oriented with an ability to work under tight timelines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!