$2,500+ SIGNING BONUS Lawn & Garden Service Technician
Service | Allentown, PA | Full Time
$2,500+ SIGNING BONUS AVAILABLE FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH TENURE IN THE INDUSTRY!
Our technicians are offered an incentive bonus program with potential earnings up to $3 additional to hourly rate.
Performs basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer, as well as dealer owned, agricultural and/or turf equipment or other work as assigned by Supervisor. Some direction or guidance given from the Service Manager or senior technicians.
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and/or consumer and commercial turf equipment as well as established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products
- Participates in Service Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments, including researching and requesting parts needed
- Accounts for all time and all material used in performing assigned duties according to dealership processes and business system
- Communicates professionally and effectively with Manufacturers when needed
- Maintains 90% or above recovery efficiency
- May perform diagnosis and repair in the field
- May provide delivery services when needed
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other leadership as required. Company reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 1+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and/or turf equipment
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as workload dictates
- Provide tools needed to perform job duties (“Specialty tools” are owned & provided by dealership)
- Valid insurable driver’s license is required