Data Science Specialist (NLP + Text Mining)
Consulting | Birmingham, England, United Kingdom | Full Time
Our data science team seeks a highly skilled, self-directed NLP programmer / data analyst who will enjoy working in our dynamic, fast-paced collaborative research team. The individual will join an established, progressive team of innovators conducting research within UK Public Sector, which has one of the largest electronic financial record databases in the world.
This position has no responsibility for providing financial auditing or research.
1. Designing, developing, and validating NLP algorithms for efficient information extraction, information retrieval, and text mining.
2. Maintaining coding, and documenting computer software for data analysis and management.
3. Performing data preparation and analysis as well as management of complex clinical data sources.
4. Collaborating with study and analytics team to test hypotheses, answer key questions, summarise data, and create reports.
5. Providing technical and scientific assistance in collaboration with federal, state, and local partners and non-government stakeholders.
6. Participating in grant application process and publication of the study outcomes.
7. Writing abstracts and generating analytic reports.
8. Specific job-related skills required include:
Experience with scalable architectures for Java or Python (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, Mahout, Dask)
Financial NLP experience
Experimental design and data analysis skills in financial research
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience. 5-8 years of experience.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Experience with scalable architectures for Java or Python (e.g., UIMA AS, Spark, Hadoop, Mahout, Dask)
Financial NLP experience on transactional data.
Experimental design and data analysis skills in financial research.