Business Analyst for Finance
Consulting | Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom | Contract
This is a hands-on role that will predominantly focus on gathering and analysing facts, data, defining current processes and requirements, writing stories, creating mock-ups, researching best practices as well as identifying process improvements and communicating with key stakeholders and development team to ensure delivery of the right solution at the right time.
- Experience as a Business Analyst in a data focussed or data analytics role
- A strong knowledge of conceptual data modelling, data flows, data analysis and data profiling
- A strong understanding of the technical architecture of complex web applications and web technologies including RESTful APIs is required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel for data manipulation
- Strong stakeholder management experience with the ability to align departments throughout the product lifecycle
- Proven track record of gathering business requirements and translating them into user stories/functional specifications
- Proven experience of maintaining a backlog of requirements in a central repository such as JIRA
- Ability to facilitate workshops
- Highly numerical and analytical skills
- Experience of working in an agile development environment (SCRUM, KANBAN) is desirable
- Good knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience in data science or advanced data analysis techniques and modelling
- Knowledge of business intelligence and analytics platforms – PowerBI, Tableau
- Knowledge of programming for data and analytics - R, Python
- Liaise with business functions such as Editorial and Data Science and Customer Facing teams to gather requirements, functional specifications conceptual function models, conceptual data models, to a high quality suitable to support the development process
- You will be proficient in the collection and aggregation of data from multiple sources that drive our customer facing products, our artificial intelligence/data science activities and editorial workflow
- Have a thorough knowledge of building internal and external customer use cases
- Data analysis and modelling, data mapping, documenting data cleansing and validation
- Organise and drive requirements gathering to ensure a pipeline of work has been prioritised and agreed for the development team
- Work with Argus management to understand the business strategy, goals, objectives and roadmap to enable that business unit to achieve them
- You will be efficient in the collection and aggregation of data from multiple sources to gain greater insights of our customers, and drive better decision making
- Develop and maintain documentation of business requirements, workflows, processes, applications, and data dictionaries as relevant, ensuring that the functional documentation, such as specifications, functional designs and user stories are kept up-to-date in line with both business and technology strategies
- Support competitive analysis exercises to maintain competitive advantage
- Support business users to ensure smooth transition from development activities into production by providing product knowledge during training, UAT and go live activities.
Click Apply Now to register your details for our Business Analyst vacancy.
To all recruitment agencies: we do not accept unsolicited agency CVs.