Senior Software Engineer
Engineering | Brooklyn, NY | Full Time
Datalot is a leading provider of mobile and web marketing solutions for the insurance industry. Our platform is ever evolving and we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help take the company to the next level.
We use a mix of languages and believe strongly in using the right tool to match the unique challenges of any situation. Python is the backbone of our high-performance API and Services layer. Node.js powers most of our call marketplace. PHP is used throughout the stack, primarily for front-end interfacing and scheduled backend tasks. Our front-end frameworks include Angular.js and jQuery. MySQL is our primary datastore but we leverage other tools for deeper analytics. We also integrate with numerous 3rd party APIs. We implement continuous deployment and operate under a naturally agile approach to project management.
What you will be working on:
What you’ll be working on depends on your interest, aptitude and experience. You’ll find a challenging and rewarding role here whether you’re a jack of all trades or have very specific expertise in only a few areas of our technology. We have a wide selection of opportunities including back-end, front-end, reporting/analytics, big data management, systems design and performance tuning. We value motivated engineers who seek to continually expand their skillset; we will provide you with ample opportunities & diverse challenges that meet your desired career path.
What we’re looking for:
- Interest in solving business problems as well as software development
- Excitement about learning - we’re constantly trying new technologies
- Experience scaling web applications
- A dedication to building with performance and efficiency in mind
- Familiarity with any or all of our stack: Python, PHP, Node.js, MySQL, Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS
- Experience with AWS hosted infrastructure
- Interest in projects that extend beyond just programming, to the systems level
What's the work environment like?
In a word, awesome! You will be working hard alongside super passionate, smart people. Some of our perks include:
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability)
- 401(k) with company match
- Weekly catered office lunches
- Fully-stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Ping pong table, pool table, rotating chess and go games, cornhole toss, and an outdoor grill
- Top-of-the-line hardware (Mac-friendly)
- 9,000 sq ft across two floors of DUMBO loft space, steps from the subway
So what is Datalot?
Datalot is a leading provider of mobile and web marketing solutions for the insurance industry. We manage a real-time call marketplace (think Google AdWords but for phone calls instead of clicks) as well as a cloud-based contact center platform and other industry-leading web-to-phone applications.
Our platform is relied on by hundreds of clients ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. Our headquarters are in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY. Founded in 2009, we were recently named one of the fastest growing businesses in New York by Crain's, and have been featured in Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, and the Google Engineering Blog. Most importantly, we are profitable and growing fast. Come help us build more cool stuff.
If you’re interested in finding out more, send us an email with your resume. We’d also love to see your website, GitHub account and/or code samples - anything to show us what kind of developer you are.