Sr Marketing Communications Manager
Digital Marketing | Irvine, CA | Contract
Damco Solutions is a leading IT services, consulting and outsourcing company delivering exceptional business solutions and customer value to its customers worldwide.
Damco offers end-to-end innovative and leading edge solutions to help corporations leverage technologies, outperform their competition and acquire sustainable growth. We have proven capabilities in new and emerging technologies and extensive experience across a broad range of industries and domains which enable us to deliver world-class, secure, scalable and reliable business systems.
Title: Sr Marketing Communications Manager
Location: Irvine, CA
Client: Tech Mahindra
Designer - Marketing Specialist for Global Information Systems Department
At the core of Innovation Team / Hermes Program the critical personal characteristics are: emotional stability, confidence, openness, risk tolerance, responsibility, and enthusiasm. While not a function per se, they are critical aspects of this role that are woven throughout all other essential job functions. These characteristics should be demonstrated through the following:
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
- Pursues training and development opportunities;
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills;
- Displays original thinking and creativity;
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness;
- Generates suggestions for improving work;
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas;
- Balances team’s and individual responsibilities;
- Shows adaptability to changes in the work environment and learn new skills;
- Has strong business, marketing and technical vision and the ability to communicate this vision to multiple audiences;
- Has conceptual and technological understanding of contemporary concepts such as mobile development, cloud computing, social networking, B2B ecommerce, integration of information systems, Big Data, globalization, etc.;
- Demonstrate complex problem resolution under stress.
- Takes risks and thrives in an environment of constant change;
- Is a quick learner undaunted by complex systems;
- Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention;
- Takes ownership/responsibility for finding solutions to problems and implementing;
- Creates comprehensive documentation and share knowledge to all members of the team that have different background and technical knowledge;
- Builds Marketing & Communication Plan for Innovation / Hermes Programs;
- Displays ability to take the forward looking or proactive view on program/project direction and progress to: anticipate possible opportunities to accelerate the program through a different path or approach, or possible issues that can be proactively addressed before they have negative impact on the program/s.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and Premier.
- Knowledgeable and hands-on webpage design in Microsoft SharePoint software;
- Working ability to use Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.;
Design & Marketing Communication:
- Create & edit images / pictures
- Design graphical elements such as icons / pages / flow charts / diagrams / etc
- Build animations for MS Power Point / Adobe After Effects / Video & Web
- Design banners for Events / Email / In-House communications
- Create posters for print and internet banners / ePosters
- News Letter Layout (InDesign) and promotional brochures
- Design Lapel Pins, awards design, and t-shirt graphics
- Prepare design work for pre-production (Print Press readiness)
- Manage photo / video / image assets for GIS (collaborating with marketing team, buying, searching, library, and sharing assets)
- Create marketing communications and build brand awareness by using different media (Print, Social, email, and other internal channels).
Audio / Video / Photo:
- Video & Audio Recording
- Video & Audio Editing
- Photograph trainings such as: IM Tech Talk Sessions, Business training, GIS events, people, and more
- Photo editing, photo pre-production for print press
- Synthesize complex and/or diverse information;
- Collect, research data and present in coherent way;
- Demonstrate ability to develop alternative solutions;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Marketing & Communications.
- Minimum 5 to 6 years of continuous experience in Design, Marketing and Communications, with demonstrated competency in the following:
- Relationship management – within an enterprise globally, among executives, customers and staff; as well as externally with vendors and business partners as required.
- Superior communication skills both written and oral. Ability to motivate, influence, and drive to results in a highly-matrixed environment is essential. Display performance and establish credibility with key decision makers.
- Hands-on skills in graphic design, writing marketing material, technical writing and marketing communications.
- Significant experience in evaluating a broad range of internal and external factors when solving problems and making decisions; adjusts actions and decisions for focus on critical strategic issues (e.g., customers, quality, competition, etc.).
- High performance and dedication, including attention to the details that matter, and willingness to work issues to successful closure.
- Ability to conduct and interpret qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Show independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques.
- Identify potential project risks, communicate to team members, and implement appropriate courses of action to mitigate future risk.
- Understand project management methodology.
- Demonstrate ability to build project plans and execute tasks without supervision.
- High-level functional and technical understanding.
- Please list your harder requirements and "nice to haves" here. This section should be keyword-rich - i.e. please include the keywords you anticipate that job seekers will use to search for jobs on job boards.
- Please list anything that makes working for your company unique or special - i.e. Can people work from home, do you offer special benefits (company car, expense account, stock options, etc).