Vice President, Product
Product Management | New York, NY | Full Time
Title: Vice President, Product
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: New York, New York
DailyBurn is a leading health and fitness brand digitally delivering high-quality video workout programs and nutrition plans. We guide our members to achieve their wellness goals in their own time and space. We bring fitness anytime, anywhere by streaming HD video workouts in a variety of disciplines. From dance and high-intensity cardio to yoga, kettlebells and strength training, our elite trainers are specifically selected to provide specialized expertise to members through an extensive library of exercises ranging from beginner to advanced on any kind of screen. Check out our daily live-stream show! From your laptop and TV to your phone or tablet, an extraordinary workout experience and nutrition advice is only a click away.
The Vice President of Product is a critical member of the management team and is responsible for all activities related to the development and implementation of our services and products. This includes overall user experience and customer success. Specific responsibilities include leadership and development of our product management, product design & customer service teams; user and competitive research; budgeting; working cross-functionally, creation, and execution of product roadmaps; analysis of core metrics; ongoing management and optimization of products and services.
This position is an exciting opportunity for those with an entrepreneurial mindset, a passion for building and leading teams while also possessing a deep understanding of the strategy, details, and value of building creative products.
Goals and Responsibilities
- You will meaningfully contribute to the overall strategic direction of the business
- Product Vision: Your core focus will be to own the creation of strategic product roadmaps that give life to how products will work and what problems they will solve for users, the marketplace, and the business
- Product Development: You will work with cross-functional, agile teams to develop, launch, optimize, and maintain/retire products; craft the principles and frameworks for desired product functionality and designs, all the while delivering real-time decisions to ensure we are on track with business goals
- Customer Focus: Your teams will create solutions for customers first; build a research program to understand what our customers might want or need, including usability testing to ensure we are creating products for them that are as delightful and functional as possible; work with the customer service team to ensure a positive experience for users
- Metrics: You will ensure teams have knowledge of the right metrics and properly track them for each product. Additionally, your teams will regularly slice data to better understand how users utilize the service and continue to be on top of the competitive landscape to ensure that we are differentiating
- Communication: You will be responsible for setting up the right level of documentation and communication of product requirements (user stories, briefs, wireframes, etc) that are clear, thorough, timely and convey the desired functional experience to all internal parties while still enabling the organization to move deftly; enable the team to be product SMEs from a functional perspective, showcasing, championing, and finding ways to constantly innovate user experiences
- Leadership: in addition to building and growing a high performing team of product managers, designers, and customer success members, you will act as a leader to cross-functional, internal teams so that they are excited, motivated, and know what is expected; effectively evangelize the product vision with various partners throughout the company
- 8+ years of product management experience
- Notable experiences in video streaming and community building are a plus
- Expertise in advanced techniques to develop the right minimum viable products, as well as optimize existing products through prototyping, user testing, and multi-variate testing
- Shown success with variety of techniques for customer discovery, including interviewing and opportunity assessments
- Strong influence skills
- Data- and business oriented, able to analyze data to rationalize product decisions and apply key insights
- Solid understanding of UX principles and applications
- Strong organizational skills coupled with keen attention to detail are a requirement.
- Knowledge of technology and deep understanding of the product development cycle. You are experienced in an agile environment
- Solid understanding of how products get monetized, including subscription, advertising, and commerce
- Committed to winning as a team
- Passion for health, fitness, and wellness overall is a plus!