Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
About Daily Burn
DailyBurn.com is a leading online health and fitness tech brand delivering high-quality subscription mobile, video & audio workout programs to help members reach their fitness goals. Daily Burn brings fitness to members, anytime, anywhere through its streaming and mobile workouts in a variety of disciplines from running and high-intensity cardio to yoga and strength training. Daily Burn's elite group of trainers provide specialized expertise to members through a best-in class library of workouts ranging from beginner to advanced, as well as a daily live-streamed show. From mobile, laptop or TV, a great workout experience is only a tap away.
About Your Role
As the Senior Software Engineer, you’ll work with a cross-functional product development team to learn, grow, build and iterate to deliver great digital experiences for the fitness and health category, with an emphasis on the backend services and billing components of the product. You’ll have a love of writing great code, positive communication skills and a motivation to help our customers succeed with fitness and improve their overall health. You’ll play a critical role in our efforts to improve our current service, as well as design/build any tools or systems needed to support them.
This position is an exciting opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset who want to work on meaningful products that positively impact the lives of millions. The role is based in our New York, NY office.
- Improve existing products and launch new ones from a blank page
- Collaborate with the Product, Production, Customer Success, Business Development and Marketing teams
- Translate technical components into project requirements and assist in prioritizing development efforts
- Design and build backend APIs for a variety of client applications
- Build and improve internal operational tools
- Define and pursue initiatives to improve software quality and team productivity
- Support existing software including development of enhancements, defect resolution, determining and resolving performance issues, debugging, upgrading, deployment and migration
- Application performance tuning and optimization
- Contribute to the technical understanding and promotion of new and existing standards, solutions and tools
- 3+ years production experience on web-based consumer product
- Deep understanding of web-based software architecture
- Extensive experience with ruby and/or golang
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and service management
- Highly analytical with a focus on business intelligence to drive decisions
- Good communicator and a 'leave it better than you found it' attitude
- Outstanding problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Notable experiences in mobile development, video streaming, distribution technology, health and fitness, subscription products are all a plus
- Bonus: DevOps experience and familiarity with 12-factor app methodology
*We embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications (Ask Applications, Apalon, Daily Burn, Slimware) is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including Match Group, Vimeo, HomeAdvisor, & DotDash. IAC is consistently ranked among Fortune magazine’s World's Most Admired Companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.