Product Manager, Mobile
Product Management | New York, NY | Full Time
About Daily Burn
DailyBurn.com is a leading online health and fitness tech brand delivering high-quality subscription mobile, video & audio workout programs to help members reach their fitness goals. Daily Burn brings fitness to members, anytime, anywhere through its streaming and mobile workouts in a variety of disciplines from running and high-intensity cardio to yoga and strength training. Daily Burn's elite group of trainers provide specialized expertise to members through a best-in class library of workouts ranging from beginner to advanced, as well as a daily live-streamed show. From mobile, laptop or TV, a great workout experience is only a tap away.
About Your Role
As a Product Manager, you’ll use your background in developing inspired consumer-facing mobile experiences, helping a cross-functional product development teams to learn, grow, build and iterate to deliver great mobile experiences for the fitness and health category. You’ll be hands-on, have a strong technical acumen, strong business judgment, great communication skills and a motivation to help our customers succeed with fitness and improve their overall health. You’ll lead our efforts in creating new mobile applications, as well as any tools or systems needed to support them.
You believe that the role of a good Product Manager is to design and build innovative products and features that provide the greatest impact to our audience and business. You’re excited by work that includes the user experience, and finding creative technology solutions to address user and market needs. You make decisions based on data and research, as well as the gut instincts you’ve honed through many, many development cycles. And you’re great at helping other parts of the team understand the vision.
This position is an exciting opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset who enjoy leading teams and developing the strategy, details and ROI of building innovative products. The role is based in our New York, NY office. Some international travel may be required.
- Product Vision: Create and own the product vision and roadmaps for your product(s), as well as incremental improvements that contribute to the vision for how the products will work and what problems they will solve for your users and the marketplace
- Leadership: Lead teams in the development of products so that teams are excited, motivated, and know what is expected
- Product Development: Create and execute on the strategies and processes that enable the development, launch, optimization, and maintenance/retirement of products; make the call on desired product functionality, approve designs, and make real-time decisions to ensure that we are on track to meet business goals
- Customer Focus: Drive your team to always create solutions for customers first; develop strategies to research what our customers might want or need, as well as strategies to lead usability testing; ensure we are creating products for our tens of millions of customers that are as beautiful and functional as possible
- Metrics: Determine the right metrics and develop processes to track them for your product(s); slice data regularly to understand how users interact with the site as well as how marketers maximize their ad campaigns; be on top of the competitive landscape to ensure that we are differentiating
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Experience directing cross-functional product development teams on end-to-end delivery of complex software projects
- Strong experience defining product vision & roadmap, driving execution activities, measuring results
- Notable experiences in mobile development, video streaming, health and fitness, subscription products are all a plus
- Strong understanding of UX principles and applications
- Experience with techniques to develop the right minimum viable products, as well as optimizing existing products through prototyping, user testing, and multi-variate testing
- Strong understanding of how products get monetized, including subscription and commerce
- Experience with techniques for customer discovery, including interviewing and opportunity assessments
- Deep knowledge of technology and the product development cycle; experience in an agile environment a plus
- Able to write the right level of specs and analyze data to justify product decisions and apply key findings
*We embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications (Ask Applications, Apalon, Daily Burn, Slimware) is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including Match Group, Vimeo, HomeAdvisor, & DotDash. IAC is consistently ranked among Fortune magazine’s World's Most Admired Companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.