Manager, Software Engineering
Software Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
About Daily Burn
DailyBurn.com is a leading online health and fitness tech brand delivering high-quality subscription mobile, video & audio workout programs to help members reach their fitness goals. Daily Burn brings fitness to members, anytime, anywhere through its streaming and mobile workouts in a variety of disciplines from running and high-intensity cardio to yoga and strength training. Daily Burn's elite group of trainers provide specialized expertise to members through a best-in class library of workouts ranging from beginner to advanced, as well as a daily live-streamed show. From mobile, laptop or TV, a great workout experience is only a tap away.
About Your Role
As the Manager, Software Engineering for Daily Burn, you’ll use your background in developing inspired consumer-facing digital products and services, to lead and manage an engineering team in New York and coordinate/collaborate with our engineering team in Minsk, Belarus. You’ll work with a cross-functional product development team to learn, grow, build and iterate to deliver great digital experiences for the fitness and health category, with an emphasis on mobile applications. You’ll be a hands-on engineering team lead with strong technical acumen, positive communication skills and a motivation to help our customers succeed with fitness and improve their overall health. You’ll lead our efforts to improve our current service and create new mobile applications.
This position is an exciting opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset who want the challenge of leading a team and developing the technical strategy, details and code of innovative products. The role is based in our New York, NY office. Some international travel may be required.
- Help develop and drive a technical roadmap which incorporates technology and systems that build toward the strategic direction of the organization
- Establish the technical direction for the team, drive the necessary changes and make appropriate technology choices
- Demonstrable experience in managing local and remote teams, and outside contractors or firms
- As a hands on member of the engineering team, design and build backend APIs for a variety of client applications, build and improve internal operational tools, and support other development projects, as needed
- Be a strong partner and collaborate closely with Product, Business Development and Marketing teams
- Own and develop strategic plans that respond to evolving/iterative business requirements
- Strong player/coach - help mentor people, grow teams and scale efforts while fearlessly ‘getting your hands dirty’
- Coordinate and partner closely with other teams and groups in our IAC Applications family
- 8+ years production experience on web-based consumer products
- Experience developing, designing and scaling web based software and service oriented architectures
- Extensive experience with ruby and/or golang
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and service management
- Highly analytical with a focus on business intelligence to drive decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Own full SDLC, from inception to deployment
- Experience in an agile environment; Scaled Agile a plus
- Identify and manage “proof of concepts” for emerging technologies, as well as tests and solutions to improve business KPI’s
- Notable experience in mobile development, video streaming, distribution technology, health and fitness, subscription products are all a plus
- DevOps experience and familiarity with 12-factor app methodology also a plus
*We embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications (Ask Applications, Apalon, Daily Burn, Slimware) is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including Match Group, Vimeo, HomeAdvisor & DotDash. IAC is consistently ranked among Fortune magazine’s World's Most Admired Companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.