Analytics | New York, NY | Full Time
Title: Business Analyst
Location: New York, NY
Exemption status: Exempt
DailyBurn.com is a leading online health and fitness brand delivering first-class video workout programs to ensure that members reach their fitness goals. Daily Burn brings health and fitness to members, anytime, anywhere, by streaming HD-quality workouts in a variety of disciplines from dance and high-intensity cardio to yoga, kettlebells and strength training. Daily Burn's elite group of trainers were specifically selected to provide specialized expertise to members through a best-in class library of workouts ranging from beginner to advanced through a multitude of technology platforms. From your computer and TV to your tablet and phone, your workout experience and nutrition advice is only a click away. Launched in 2007, Daily Burn is an operating business of IAC (Nasdaq: IACI) and can be found online at http://dailyburn.com.
Daily Burn, Inc. seeks a Business Analyst to support the analytics team. The Business Analyst’s primary responsibility will be building and managing financial models, providing data analysis support to management, as well as building dashboard and responding to reporting requests from various departments.
- Build various financial models for Daily Burn, from simple to complex, that provide insights into how various initiatives will impact the overall business P&L
- Build reports for various departments, including product, marketing, and business development
- Utilize our existing reporting and data infrastructure to answer questions
- Must be able to independently aggregate data from multiple sources in preparing reports
- Must show an ability to figure out what the requestor is really wanting to know
- An ability to ask follow-up questions will make or break you
- Work with the data engineering team to create requirements for any automated / recurring reports
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement / increased profitability and report the same to senior management and stake holders
- Manage multiple requests of competing priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA a plus
- Previous experience within investment banking or consulting.
- 2+ years building and maintaining complex financial models to help drive investment or business decisions
- 2+ years working with various data sets to pull together complex analyses using that data
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel for building complex financial reports. Should be qualified to be the resident “excel expert” in the company. No one should be able to be be faster and more proficient with Excel than you.
- At least a basic understanding of MySQL and a desire to become an expert over time - you’ll have to get your hands dirty in the data.
- You will be working with MySQL and BigQuery
- If you don't like SQL, you won't like this job
- Experience generating reports for business KPIs
- Candidate must have a demonstrated ability thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work setting, ideally in a startup environment, managing a high volume of work by prioritization and practical problem solving
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills