Data/Analytics | New York, NY | Full Time
Daily Burn is seeking a Business Analyst to join our analytics team (reporting to the Director of Analytics). You will work to support cross-functional team leaders in preparing ad hoc and recurring reports. Additionally, you will work with our data engineers to spec out automated reporting requirements.
DailyBurn is a fitness and nutrition company based out of Flatiron Manhattan. We don’t just sell fitness: it’s core to our company culture and identity. We not only provide all employees with a personal gym membership budget, we also have our own well-stocked internal gym. Some companies balk at standing desks; we have impromptu group exercise sessions led by world-class trainers.
We operate as an independent business unit within IAC (stock symbol: IAC). This gives us the resources of a publicly traded company while allowing us to maintain our startup culture and business priorities.
- Exposure to all of the newest technologies and toys (we are launch day partners of major devices and play with new hardware before anyone else)
- Access to all the corporate benefits of IAC
- Access to our in-office gym plus an additional gym membership budget
- Your pick of hardware
- Opportunity to partner with, and learn from, an industry leading engineering team
- We constantly try new things -- you’ll be an integral part of the process that determines what projects we take on
- Respond to ad hoc requests for data insights
- Must be able to independently aggregate data from multiple sources in preparing reports
- Must show an ability to figure out what the requestor is really wanting to know
- An ability to ask follow-up questions will make or break you
- You cannot be afraid to say, “I do not understand what you want”
- Work with the data engineering team to create requirements for any automated / recurring reports
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement / increased profitability and report the same to senior management and stake holders
- Manage multiple requests of competing priorities
- 3+ years of MySQL experience
- You will not be working with an ORM
- You will be working with MySQL and BigQuery
- If you don't like SQL, you won't like this job
- Experience generating reports for business KPIs
- Bachelor’s degree