Network Protection Consultant
Network Engineering | Rancho Cordova, CA | Contract
CVICS specializes in providing a vast array of enterprise services to State and Local agencies. We have an immediate need for a contract position to support Network Protection services.
CVICS is looking for a contract opportunity that must show a minimum of seven (7) years of network and security engineering and architecture experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas, including, but not limited to the following Mandatory Qualifications:
- Network protocols configuration and troubleshooting – including but not limited to: Ethernet, Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (L2TP), Continuous Data Protection (CDP), (Multi-protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Routing Information Protocol Version 2 (RIPv2), Border Gateway Protocol v4(BGP), Internet Protocol v4, Internet Protocol v6, Internet Protocol Security, Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), Transmission Control Protocol(TCP), Transport Layer Security, Network Time Protocol (NTP), Domain Name System (DNS).
- Network hardware and software configuration and troubleshooting – including Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, F5, Ciena (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers).
- VMWare NSX used in the data center context.
- Knowledge of Security Appliances and features- cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), Juniper Secure Routing and Switching Firewall (SRX), Palo Alto Firewall, F5.
- Application Security Manager/ Web Application Firewall (ASM/WAF), Trend TippingPoint, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) technologies and services.
- Knowledge and Experience in Virtual Private Network (VPN) Technologies and Deployments – internet Protocol Security(IPsec), Triple Data Encryption Algorithm,( 3DES), Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), Internet Key Exchange(IKE), Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN), AnyConnect, Full Tunnel/Split Tunnel Client Virtual Private Network Solutions, Site to Site VPN Solutions and Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SDWAN).
- TippingPoint Intrusion Protection System Expert Certification.
- Additional experience of mandatory qualifications with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), and/or Azure networking services.
- Complex documentation of network designs, network modifications/changes, and troubleshooting process change.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Intrusion Protection Systems/Intrusion Detection Systems (IPS/IDS).
- Sniffer packet capture and protocol analysis.
- Scripting experience (i.e. Perl, Python, Java, PowerShell, etc.).
- Analysis and design of network security alternatives.
- Experience using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools.
- Familiarity with security controls as defined in the NIST 800-53 v4 publication.
- Evaluation, deployment, and management of vendor managed services.
- This is a 1099 contract thus requires a person to be legally able to work in the US.
- While COVID 19 may allow a remote or partial remote start, the job responsibility is at client location on-site in Sacramento CA.
- Any job offers will be contingent on passing security and background checks.
- Duration is projected to be 18 months with options to extend.
CVICS is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status