Scheduling Coordinator - San Ramon
Operations | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
CVHCare, a leader in Home Health Clinical Services, headquartered in beautiful San Ramon, CA.
CVHCare will be seeking a Scheduling Coordinator to join our San Ramon office. This is a great opportunity to join an established leader in the California home health industry, with the freedom to put your skills and imagination to work. We deliver Compassionate Visionary Health Care, where passion and team spirit are nurtured and rewarded.
Position Summary: The Scheduler’s primary function is to assign Home Health Patients with appropriate clinician(s) in order to ensure timely and quality care is provided.
- Schedules the following clinicians based on the need of the patient; Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist, Medical Social Workers, Home Health Aides, Dieticians, etc.
- Coordinates the scheduling of all uncovered visits for clinicians who are off, sick or unable to see due to full workload.
- Effectively utilizes staff in order to ensure full optimization. Taking into account location, patient’s needs and clinician case load.
- Updates and maintains computerized schedules/calendar on a regular basis throughout the day.
Flex with an increased workflow when census is higher and effectively prioritize.
- Works with Intake to provide referring clients with staffing availability.
- Communicates to Human Resources regarding additional staffing needs.
- Answers incoming scheduling phone calls from clinicians responding in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensure appropriate interdepartmental communication to support essential agency activities.
- Minimum of 2 yrs. experience in a medical setting in either a patient care or administrative role desired.
- Knowledge of the home care environment strongly preferred.
- Knowledge MS Office, Suite, Internet Explorer and professional telephone protocol.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Excellent customer service and communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with high degree of precision, paying attention to detail to achieve the high accuracy levels required and timely follow-up and close-out of all matters.
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing to minimize confusion and additional concerns.
Who We Are: CVHCare is you!
Our outstanding clinicians and staff make CVHCare the outstanding company it is today. Our ardent commitment to delivering excellence in patient care is fully ingrained in our company culture, and this starts with our employees. With exceptional skills, passionate dedication, and outstanding values, we've become a thriving home health provider throughout the state of California. You will find that our employees enjoy working for CVHCare, rate our company and leadership highly, and value our commitment to delivering the highest quality of health care and service to our patients.
CVHCare is Compassionate, Visionary Health Care. We believe in sharing skills, knowledge and resources to develop and support the growth of our teams.
CVHCare is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at CVHCare are based on business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications, and merit….without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. CVHCare will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
CVHCare is a thriving home health company, committed to the principles of Service, Integrity, Dignity and Excellence. As we continue to grow; the key in fulfilling our culture is hiring remarkable team members -- those employees who are willing to go above & beyond.