RN - Clinical Educator
Corporate Office | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
Who We Are: CVHCare Home Health is a thriving home health company, committed to the principles of Service, Integrity, Dignity and Excellence. As we continue to grow; the key in fulfilling our culture is hiring remarkable team members -- those employees who are willing to go above & beyond. We are seeking a Clinical Educator to ensure our company is meeting its mission of providing top quality clinical services. This is an exciting time to join a company that is quickly becoming a strong force in the home health market.
Title: RN - Clinical Educator
Schedule: Full Time – Exempt
Location: San Ramon, CA
Position Summary: The Educator is responsible for ensuring the highest level of care is being provided to CVHCare Home Health patients by providing the appropriate orientation and training to all levels of staff. As a member of the leadership team, this role must function independently to identify problems and solutions, report to management and implement approved plans to correct deficiencies. Monitor staff competence and professionalism and provide necessary training to ensure appropriate skill level.
- Develops, implements and conducts educational programs to ensure and maintain the continuing professional competence of clinical staff.
- Ensuring all programs are aligned with our organization’s mission and values, and meets the needs of the patient population, staff, and organization.
- Serve as a key resource to Staff and the Management Team.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Research Developer and Technical Writer, develop and implement appropriate care plans/protocols to ensure best practices are followed.
- Monitors compliance with both internal standards and regulatory requirements, and adjusts clinical programs accordingly.
- Participates as a resource in performance evaluation of clinical personnel.
- Effectively utilizes all available data sources to measure performance.
- Facilitates staff meetings, team meetings, new hire orientation, case conferences and in services, as appropriate.
- Provides input for the update and maintenance of the Policies and Procedures Manual to remain compliant with all regulatory agencies.
- Makes appropriate hiring and/or termination recommendations in collaboration with the Recruiter and Human Resources as needed.
- Handles necessary employee discipline fairly and objectively, in consultation with the Human Resources.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of evidence based practices and nursing leadership skills pertaining to the Home Health environment.
- Ability to provide education through demonstration and return demonstration for specific skills/procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current quality improvement methodology.
- Is knowledgeable of and compliant with all Medicare, MediCal, Title 22, DHS, OSHA, FDA and accreditation agency standards that affect the functioning of the clinical staff.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, resourcefulness, and innovation in solving problems and making decisions which affect the staff.
- Communicates clearly, effectively and in an organized manner.
- California RN license.
- BSN required, MSN strongly preferred.
- BLS/CPR certification and current ACLS certification.
- 3 years of recent Home Health Nursing experience.
- 2 years of recent experience in Clinical Education or Leadership role.
To Apply: Respond with submitting a copy of your resume.
More Information: Contact Trisha Bingham, Recruitment Manager at 510-690-1930 and visit our website at www.cvhcare.com.