Quality Improvement Coordinator
Compliance | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
CVHCare is a thriving home health company, committed to the principles of Service, Integrity, Dignity and Excellence. As we continue to grow; the key in fulfilling our culture is hiring remarkable team members -- those employees who are willing to go above & beyond.
We are seeking an outstanding Quality Improvement Coordinator to manage all aspects of the clinical quality improvement process in our San Ramon office. Note that this is NOT an entry level position.
CANDIDATE HAS TO BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US. AT THE MOMENT, WE ARE NOT SPONSORING VISAS FOR THIS POSITION.
Position Summary: The Quality Improvement Coordinator works as a member of the Compliance & Quality Department. Primary responsibilities include analyzing data, developing/implementing/monitoring clinical quality improvement initiatives to achieve superior outcomes, participating in and/or leading committees, and engaging in performance improvement projects to enhance the patient experience. The position requires excellent time management, organizational & communication skills.
• Monitor & analyze performance data pertaining to Home Health Compare Star Ratings, OBQI/OBQM, and internal measures; identify trends; collaborate with other departments to develop and implement Quality Improvement initiatives to improve outcomes.
• Assist with enhancement of Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement (QAPI) program to ensure it meets and exceeds Medicare Conditions of Participation requirements.
• Perform medical record reviews for the purpose of identification of real or potential risks to patients.
• Monitor success of QAPI plans/actions to ensure goals continue to be met.
• Share data and information with the Compliance & Quality Director, Executive Team, Agency Management, and all other pertinent departments/entities in a timely manner.
• Assist in investigation and resolution of quality of care complaints.
• Participate in professional training and personal development to enhance performance and productivity.
• Utilize superior communication and interpersonal skills to consistently build organizational support and cooperation in achieving goals and developing quality processes.
• Ensure that clinical redesign projects maintain patient care as the center of the work, while also exhibiting sensitivity to the issues and needs of all departments involved in such projects.
• Conduct or participate in staff training on quality issues as needed.
• Provide support and QI work for all agencies, both existing and planned.
• Assist with audits and reviews from outside agencies, such as California Department of Public Health and The Joint Commission.
• Work both independently and with cross-functional teams to achieve project goals.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Candidate must possess Current California Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse or Physical Therapist or Physical Therapy Assistant license
• Candidate with Master’s degree in a healthcare-related field may be considered.
• Minimum of 2 years healthcare experience, preferably in a quality improvement or auditing related role. Home health experience strongly preferred. Clinical experience strongly preferred.
• To perform this job successfully, must have excellent computer skills, including: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point); data collection and analysis using quality management software, electronic medical records, and internal systems.
• Exceptional communication skills (listening, written and verbal) with the ability to effectively converse with clinicians and office staff
• Proven problem solving & critical thinking skills
• Motivated to continuously improve quality of care for patients
• Must be able to interact with all levels of personnel
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
• Medical and Dental benefits
• Paid time off
• Paid holidays
• 401k retirement plan
Who We Are: CVHCare (Compassionate Visionary Health Care) is a thriving home health company, where passion and team spirit are nurtured and rewarded. Now celebrating our 11th anniversary, we are proud to be the leading home health agency throughout the Bay Area.
To Apply: Respond to this post, including a copy of your Resume AND Cover letter.
More Information: Contact a Recruiter at 510-690-1930, or visit our website at www.cvhcare.com.
EEOC: We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and an affirmative action employer.