Patient Scheduler - San Ramon
Corporate Office | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
CVHCare is seeking an outstanding Patient Scheduler in our San Ramon office (weekend rotation required).
Position Summary: The Scheduler’s primary function is to assign Home Health Patients with appropriate clinician(s) in order to ensure timely and quality care is provided.
- Schedules the following clinicians based on the need of the patient: Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist, Medical Social Workers, Home Health Aides, Dieticians, etc.
- Coordinates the scheduling of all uncovered visits for clinicians who are off, sick or unable to see due to full workload.
- Effectively utilizes staff in order to ensure full optimization. Taking into account location, patient’s needs and clinician case load.
- Updates and maintains computerized schedules/calendar on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Flex with an increased workflow when census is higher and effectively prioritize.
- Works with Intake to provide referring clients with staffing availability.
- Communicates to Human Resources regarding additional staffing needs.
- Answers incoming scheduling phone calls from clinicians responding in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensure appropriate interdepartmental communication to support essential agency activities.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Minimum of 2 yrs. experience in a medical setting desired, in either a patient care or administrative role
- Knowledge MS Office, Suite, Internet Explorer
- Professional telephone protocol
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets
- Excellent customer service and communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with high degree of precision, paying attention to detail to achieve the high accuracy levels required and timely follow-up and close-out of all matters
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
- Paid time off
- Paid holiday time
- 401k retirement plan
- Medical and Dental benefits paid for by CVHCare
Who We Are: CVHCare (Compassionate Visionary Health Care) is a thriving home health company, where passion and team spirit are nurtured and rewarded. Now celebrating our 11th anniversary, we are proud to be the leading home health agency throughout the Bay Area.
To Apply: Respond to this post, including a copy of your resume.
More Information: Contact a Recruiter at 510-690-1930, or visit our website at www.cvhcare.com.
EEOC: We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and an affirmative action employer.