Patient Experience Specialist
Compliance | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
CVHCare is seeking a Patient Experience Specialist in our San Ramon office to support the organizational Compliance Program and ensure patient satisfaction under the general direction of the Compliance Director.
Please note that all correspondence regarding this position will be sent via email, please check your inbox regularly.
Position Summary: The Patient Experience Specialist works as a member of the Compliance & Quality Department. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, placing phone calls to patients (throughout different stages of care) to inquire about care/services provided and documenting compliments/concerns provided. The Patient Experience Specialist participates in service recovery and patient satisfaction initiatives. This position functions as a patient advocate, escalating complaints and/or concerns, as needed. This position is subject to frequent interruptions, in person and by phone, which require excellent time management, multitasking, organizational & communication skills.
- Conduct outbound patient calls to assess and document level of satisfaction with care provided
- Accurately document pertinent call details in Electronic Records System (ERS)
- Exercise individual judgment while dealing with potential patient issues
- Document and escalate complaints and/or concerns in a timely manner
- In partnership with management, investigate and report findings relating to service provided
- Provide assistance to other Compliance & Quality team members as needed
- Provide excellent customer service
- Express empathy and effective listening skills
- Maintain a calm and pleasant demeanor at all times
- Remain patience and polite when addressing stressful situations and upset callers
- Demonstrate professional verbal and written communication skills
- Prepare accurate and detailed records of each call made
- Perform patient wellness calls during emergency events (fire, flood, earthquake, etc.) for affected patients, as directed by management
- Perform special projects, including non-routine quality-check calls, as directed by management
- The position will spend 75% of the time on the phone and 25% of the time performing data entry.
- Participate in professional training and personal development to enhance performance and productivity
- Compile statistics and prepare various reports as needed
- Participate in and contribute to regular team and company meetings
- As needed, assist with educating new hires and/or other department personnel on the Patient Experience call process, as well as how to provide excellent customer service
- Should an urgent operational need arise, Patient Experience team members will provide reception support on a rotational basis.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year customer service experience to include communicating with customers over the phone – preferably in a health care environment
- Must have effective typing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, internet navigation and professional customer service etiquette
- Exceptional communication skills (listening, written and verbal) with the ability to manage difficult conversations, to include effective approach to diffuse dissatisfied/irate patients, while maintaining a calm and empathetic attitude
- Proven problem-solving skills
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
- Paid time off
- Paid holiday time
- 401k retirement plan
- Medical and Dental benefits paid for by CVHCare
Who We Are: CVHCare believes in sharing skills, knowledge and resources to develop and support the growth of our team. Orientation will include extensive 1:1 office training with seasoned peers and management. Our team is a unique group of individuals who not only work hard together but continuously laugh hard together. Our ability to focus on our goals while having a good time is unmatched.
To Apply: Respond to this post, including a copy of your resume.