Patient Care Coordinator - Medical Social Worker
Operations | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
CVHCare is a thriving home health company, where passion and team spirit are nurtured and recognized. As a direct reflection, our high quality of care has allowed us to continue our track record of success and celebrate our 12 year anniversary in 2017. We are proud to be the leading home health agency throughout the Bay Area.
Position Details: The Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) - Medical Social Worker (MSW) will be based in our San Ramon Agency. This hourly full-time position will be required to work in office during regular business hours. This position will not only provide support on-site, but will assist with the field training and clinical skills validation of our new Social Work personnel. There will be extensive contact with patients, their support system (family, caregiver, etc.), and their medical team.
IMPORTANT Application Information: We're looking forward to welcoming new rock stars to our growing Agency management team as soon as possible, so please keep an eye on your Inbox for an email regarding next steps. The candidate consideration process involves the completion of a 45-minute on-line assessment (which must be completed from home within 48-hours of receipt) in order to be considered for an in-person interview with a member of Agency leadership. We would like to hire the Patient Care Coordinator with two weeks, so apply quickly!
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Our Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) is accountable for the coordination and guidance of our existing Social Work team, ensuring that patient care provided consistently maintains the highest level of home health standards, continuity of care, and that services are delivered in the most efficient manner.
- PCC acts as the liaison to the CVH patient and patient’s PCP (Primary Care Provider). Works in partnership with clinical and administrative personnel throughout the agency as necessary.
- Will collect and assess information regarding patients’ status throughout the episode.
- Oversees the submission and follow-up of verbal orders, supplemental orders, authorizations, re-certifications, additional disciplines, etc. in coordination with the PCP.
- Partner with admitting clinician and other personnel to facilitate the completion of 485.
- Has oversight of Schedulers, Field Clinicians and other administrative office personnel, assisting personnel to work more effectively, identifying problems with performance and developing solutions to those problems, determining training needs to improve performance, initiating informal measures to correct performance issues, makes recommendations to the Director of Rehab (DOR) for formal disciplinary actions.
- Facilitate multidisciplinary case conference meetings with clinical and administrative personnel to coordinate delivery of patient care.
- Assist DOR in the planning, facilitation and evaluation of in-service and continuing education programs.
- Comply with accepted professional standards and principles.
- Perform other reasonable and relevant duties and activities as delegated.
- Two (2) years of professional experience within the last five (5) years as a MSW or LCSW strongly desired.
- One (1) year of recent Home Health experience strongly desired.
- Leader experience preferred.
- Sufficient background knowledge and expertise in clinical decision-making for the patient population assigned to him or her in the home health agency to meet the needs of his or her patients and to contribute to quality management review and evaluation.
- Sufficient computer skills to operate on an Electronic Medical Record system.
- Sufficient knowledge of Medicare regulations to be knowledgeable and able to perform an OASIS assessment.
- Self-directed, to be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
- Able to communicate clinical observations to the physician.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully with customers and the community.
Currently licensed and in good standing with the State of California as Medical Social Worker (MSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
Join a team that works together, plays together and strives for excellence beyond the competition.
For More Information: Please contact a Recruiter at 510-690-1930 or visit our website at www.cvhcare.com to learn more about our company.