Internal Application: Patient Care Coordinator - Agency Mgmt (PTA)
Operations | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
CVHCare is a thriving home health company, where passion and team spirit are nurtured and rewarded. As a direct reflection of our quality of care and success, we are celebrating our 12th anniversary and proud to be the leading home health agency throughout the Bay Area.
Important Application Information: We will send communication regarding next steps via email, so please check your inbox. Please make sure to review the Qualifications and Required Educational sections before you apply (see below). The application process involves the completion of a 45 minute online assessment, which must be completed within 48 hours of receipt in order for you to be considered for an in person interview.
The Patient Care Coordinator is accountable for the coordination and management of a multidisciplinary care team (Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist and Speech Language Pathologist). Ensuring that patient care provided consistently maintains the highest level of home health standards, continuity of care and services are delivered in the most efficient manner.
- PCC acts as the liaison to the CVH patient and patient’s PCP (Primary Care Provider). Works in partnership with clinical and administrative personnel throughout the agency as necessary.
- Will collect and assess information regarding patients’ status throughout the episode.
- Oversees the submission and follow-up of verbal orders, supplemental orders, authorizations, re-certifications, additional disciplines, etc. in coordination with the PCP.
- Partner with admitting clinician and other personnel to facilitate the completion of 485.
- Has oversight of Schedulers, Field Clinicians and other administrative office personnel, assisting personnel to work more effectively, identifying problems with performance and developing solutions to those problems, determining training needs to improve performance, initiating informal measures to correct performance issues, makes recommendations to the DOR for formal disciplinary actions.
- Facilitate multidisciplinary case conference meetings with clinical and administrative personnel to coordinate delivery of patient care.
- Assist DOR in the planning, facilitation and evaluation of in-service and continuing education programs.
- Comply with accepted professional standards and principles.
- Perform other reasonable and relevant duties and activities as delegated.
- Two (2) years of professional experience within the last five (5) years as a PTA or COTA strongly desired.
- One (1) year of recent Home Health experience strongly desired.
- Leader experience preferred.
- Sufficient background knowledge and expertise in clinical decision-making for the patient population assigned to him or her in the home health agency to meet the needs of his or her patients and to contribute to quality management review and evaluation.
- Sufficient computer skills to operate on an Electronic Medical Record system.
- Sufficient knowledge of Medicare regulations to be knowledgeable and able to perform an OASIS assessment.
- Self-directed, to be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
- Able to communicate clinical observations to the physician.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully with customers and the community.
Currently licensed and in good standing with the State of California as Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA).
Join a team that works together, plays together and strives for excellence beyond the competition.
For More Information: Please contact a Recruiter at 510-690-1930 or visit our website at www.cvhcare.com to learn more about our company.