Orders Specialist - LVN
Agency Support | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
Who We Are: CVHCare is a thriving home health company, committed to the principles of Service, Integrity, Dignity and Excellence. As we continue to grow; the key in fulfilling our culture is hiring remarkable team members -- those employees who are willing to go above & beyond.
Title: Orders Specialist
Hourly Rate: $16/hr
Schedule: Full Time – 40hrs./Week
Location: San Ramon, CA
Position Summary: The main function of the Orders Specialist is to ensure physician signatures are obtained within regulatory deadlines. Day to day functions include faxing, data entry, communicating with referral sources and Physician’s Offices, working closely with internal Clinical Mangers and the schedulers. This position will also be expected to cross-train other roles within the Support Services Division and provide support to other departments as needed.
• Manage orders such as projected visits without a verbal order, DME, pharmacy, etc.
• Prioritize appropriately, fax orders for signature, make follow up calls to insure timely return, refax when needed and upload
• Keep electronic tracking updated of all orders in process and ensure timely completion.
• Verify signed orders are completed accurately and upload into Electronic Charting System.
• Ensure Face to Face forms are received within the required time frames for Medicare patients.
• Checks incoming faxes regularly to insure timely processing of received forms.
• Upload faxes into to Electronic Charting System.
• Collaborate with Scheduler and Clinical Manager regarding orders received. Notes new order from MD or pharmacy and notifies Clinical Manager immediately. Coordinates with Scheduler all approved visits (blood draws, new discipline for Eval).
• Create a task for the appropriate Clinical Manager and Case Manager in the Electronic Charting System for received orders.
• Prints lab results and submits to Scheduler.
• Fax or mail communication notes to Physician Office as needed.
• Sends note for clinical visit to workers comp, private insurance or HMOs as requested.
• Follow-up on admission agreement (Consent) and DNR from clinicians and upload.
• Follows up with clinician for missing NMNOC and HHABN for all patients and upload
• Follow-up with Coumadin clinic on patients being discharge under anticoagulant therapy.
• Maintains timely data entry into appropriate logs for tracking purposes.
• Assists with covering phone lines after 3rd ring.
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Support Services.
- California Licensed Vocational Nurse Licensure required.
- Minimum of 2 yrs. experience in a medical setting in either a patient care or administrative role.
- Knowledge of the home care environment strongly preferred.
- Knowledge MS Office, Suite, Internet Explorer and professional telephone protocol.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Excellent customer service and communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with high degree of precision, paying attention to detail to achieve the high accuracy levels required and timely follow-up and close-out of all matters.
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing to minimize confusion and additional concerns.