Orders Coordinator - (Certified Medical Assistant)
Agency Support | Burbank, CA | Full Time
CVHCare is seeking an outstanding Orders Coordinator to be our main point of communication with referral sources and Physician's Offices.
Position Summary: The main function of the Orders Coordinator is to ensure physician signatures are obtained within regulatory deadlines. Day to day functions include faxing, data entry, communicating with referral sources and Physician’s Offices, working closely with internal Clinical Mangers and the schedulers. This position will also be expected to cross-train other roles within the Support Services Division and provide support to other departments as needed.
- Manage orders such as projected visits without a verbal order, DME, pharmacy, etc.
- Prioritize appropriately, fax orders for signature, make follow up calls to insure timely return, refax when needed and upload
- Keep electronic tracking updated of all orders in process and ensure timely completion
- Verify signed orders are completed accurately and upload into Electronic Charting System
- Ensure Face to Face forms are received within the required time frames for Medicare patients
- Checks incoming faxes regularly to insure timely processing of received forms, and upload faxes into to Electronic Charting System
- Collaborate with Scheduler and Clinical Manager regarding orders received. Note new order from MD or pharmacy and notify Clinical Manager immediately. Coordinates with Scheduler all approved visits
- Create a task for the appropriate Clinical Manager and Case Manager in the Electronic Charting System for received orders
- Print lab results and submit to Scheduler
- Fax or mail communication notes to Physician Office as needed
- Send note for clinical visit to worker’s comp, private insurance or HMOs as requested
- Follow-up on admission agreement (Consent) and DNR from clinicians and upload
- Follows up with clinician for missing NMNOC and HHABN for all patients and upload
- Follow-up with Coumadin clinic on patients being discharge under anticoagulant therapy
- Maintain timely data entry into appropriate logs for tracking purposes
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Support Services
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Training Program required. Medical Assistant Certificate strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 yrs. experience in a medical setting in either a patient care or administrative role strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the home care environment strongly preferred
- Knowledge MS Office, Suite, Internet Explorer and professional telephone protocol
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets
- Excellent customer service and communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with high degree of precision, paying attention to detail to achieve the high accuracy levels required and timely follow-up and close-out of all matters
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing to minimize confusion and additional concerns
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
- Paid time off
- Paid holiday time
- 401k retirement plan
- Medical and Dental benefits paid for by CVHCare
Who We Are: CVHCare (Compassionate Visionary Health Care) is a thriving home health company, where passion and team spirit are nurtured and rewarded. Now celebrating our 11th anniversary, we are proud to be the leading home health agency throughout the Bay Area.
To Apply: Respond to this post, including a copy of your resume.
More Information: Contact a Recruiter at 510-690-1930, or visit our website at www.cvhcare.com.
EEOC: We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and an affirmative action employer.