Operations Assistant/Medical Assistant
Operations | Burlingame, CA | Full Time
Who We Are: CVHCare is a thriving home health company, committed to the principles of Service, Integrity, Dignity and Excellence. As we continue to grow; the key in fulfilling our culture is hiring remarkable team members -- those employees who are willing to go above & beyond. This is wonderful opportunity to grow your career with a company that is quickly becoming a strong force in the Home Health Care market.
Title: Operations Assistant
Hourly Rate: $16/hr.
Schedule: Full Time – 40hrs./Week
Location: Burlingame, CA
Position Summary: The main function of the Operations Assistant is to provide outstanding support to the Director of Patient Care Services, Clinical Manger and Field Staff. Specific duties include uploading patient consent forms, processing physician orders, managing DME and supplies, function as the office receptionist and other projects assigned that support the operations of the Home Health Agency.
- Follow-up on admission agreement (Consent) and DNR forms from clinicians and upload.
- Follows up with clinician for missing NMNOC and HHABN for all patients and upload.
- Daily episode management, tracking of patient’s status in database.
- Maintains timely data entry into appropriate logs for tracking purposes.
- Manages multiple phone lines insuring each call is answered after 3rd ring.
- Build and maintain an adequate supply of Admission packets.
- Order, receive, unpack, inspect and verify quality and quantity of medical supplies.
- Store and inventory supplies.
- Follow security procedures for medical supply room.
- Assist medical staff in determining appropriate supplies.
- Retrieve supplies for clinicians and track required information in inventory database.
- Serve as liaison for representatives from vendors and medical supply companies.
- Maintain supply area in a neat and orderly manner including rearranging stock for orderly and timely usage.
- Monitor, order and maintain office supplies.
- Monitor medical supplies for recalls and expiration dates. Dispose of expired supplies according to company policy.
- Participate in quality assurance activities and inventory review as requested.
- Collect equipment and supplies from exiting employees.
- Draft and send correspondence to employees regarding policy revisions, updates, collection of patient information, etc. as directed by the management staff.
- Prepare and set up for meetings.
- Provide customer service to internal staff, referral sources, physician offices, etc.
- Maintain organized, clean, efficient and confidential work area.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare reports for Chief Financial Officer.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Patient Care Services.
- Certified Medical Assistant Required.
- Minimum of 2 yrs. experience in a medical setting in either a patient care or administrative role preferred.
- Knowledge of the home care environment strongly preferred.
- Knowledge MS Office, Suite, Internet Explorer and professional telephone protocol.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Excellent customer service and communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with high degree of precision, paying attention to detail to achieve the high accuracy levels required and timely follow-up and close-out of all matters.
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing to minimize confusion and additional concerns.
To Apply: Respond with submitting a copy of your resume online.
More Information: Contact Gentrie Cui, Recruitment Specialist, at 510-690-1930 and visit our website at www.cvhcare.com.
CVHCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (MFDV) and welcomes diverse talent and backgrounds.