Medical Biller (Remote option)
Corporate Office | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
Remote work option available*
* After all training and onboarding is completed and upon approval of the Hiring Manager.
CVHCare, a leader in Home Health Clinical Services, headquartered in beautiful San Ramon, CA, is currently seeking a Medical Biller to join our San Ramon office. This is a great opportunity to join an established leader in the California home health industry, with the freedom to put your skills and imagination to work. We deliver Compassionate Visionary Health Care, where passion and team spirit are nurtured and rewarded.
Title: Medical Biller
Schedule: Full Time – 40 hours per week. Monday through Friday.
Location: Corporate Office in San Ramon, CA
Position Summary: As the Medical Biller, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely submission of claims to insurance companies and payers; Accounts receivable tracking and follow-up; Communicating with insurance carriers to ensure timely billing and follow up on all unpaid claims. In addition, the Medical Biller will bill for unpaid balance incurred, post payments, make adjustment to accounts and handle any other discrepancies with reimbursements.
Candidate Screening: Viable candidate will be required to complete a standardized on-line assessment (on site in San Ramon) prior to interview.
Minimum Qualifications: (Please Note: Candidates not meeting minimum requirements will not be contacted by Human Resources)
- Medical billing experience, preferred
- Experience working within a healthcare environment is preferable. Home Health experience highly desirable.
- Comfortable dealing with numbers and the processing of financial information
- Meticulous attention to detail, patience and persistence is a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel)
- Adherence to laws and best practices in regards to dealing with customers and data
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in English
- Results-driven and patient
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities with minimum supervision and high level of accuracy.
- As this role will have access to company financial details and confidential information, a job offer will be contingent upon a credit report.
- Assume the responsibility of receiving and sorting incoming payments with attention to credibility
- Manage the status of accounts and balances and identify inconsistencies
- Issue and post bills, receipts and invoices
- Tracks account receivable related to billing
- Assists in the preparation of monthly billing and accounts receivable reports.
- Update accounts receivable database with new accounts or missed payments
- Alerts appropriate management team members regarding late or missing documentation required for billing.
- Provide solutions to any relative problems of clients
- Write thorough reports on billing activity with clear and reliable data
- Audit, follow-up and input HMO billing authorization data.
- Respond to patient and insurance inquires.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with patients, payers, and other customers.
- Maintains the confidentiality of patient and organization information at all times.
- Performs other specific projects related to billing, data entry, and computer operations as required.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.