Intake Coordinator - LVN or Certified Medical Assistant
Corporate Office | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
Who We Are: CVHCare is a thriving home health company, committed to the principles of Service, Integrity, Dignity and Excellence. As we continue to grow; the key in fulfilling our culture is hiring remarkable team members -- those employees who are willing to go above & beyond.
Title: Intake Coordinator (LVN or Certified Medical Assistant)
Schedule: Full Time -- 40hrs./Week
Location: San Ramon, CA
Position Summary: The Intake Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of the patient intake process including collecting appropriate patient information from referral sources, establishing and maintaining positive relationships with customers and referral sources, responding to customer requests and concerns, and managing the insurance verification and authorization process.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal, and Joint Commission referral/intake regulatory requirements.
- Ensures patients are admitted in timely and accordance with policy.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral sources.
- Partners with operations to support seamless transition of patients to home care by providing essential intake documentation and coordinates with multiple service providers.
- Ensures maximum third party reimbursement through direct oversight of insurance verification and authorization processes.
- Builds and monitors community and customer perceptions of CVH Home Health Services as a high quality provider of services.
- Provides feedback to leadership, including identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to meet customer needs.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of CVH Home Health Services contractual relationships and ensures that patients are admitted according to contract provisions.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists referral sources in accessing community resources should services not be provided by CVH Home Health Services.
• California Licensed Vocational Nurse Licensure or Medical Assistant Certification required.
• Minimum of 2 yrs. experience in a medical setting in either a patient care or administrative role.
• Knowledge of the home care environment strongly preferred.
• Knowledge MS Office, Suite, Internet Explorer and professional telephone protocol.
• Basic knowledge of medical terminology
• Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
• Excellent customer service and communication/interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with high degree of precision, paying attention to detail to achieve the high accuracy levels required and timely follow-up and close-out of all matters.
• Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing to minimize confusion and additional concerns.
To Apply: Respond with submitting a copy of your resume.
More Information: Contact Cheri McGough, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at 510-690-1930 and visit our website at www.cvhcare.com.