Corporate Administration | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
Who We Are: CVHCare is a thriving home health company, committed to the principles of Service, Integrity, Dignity and Excellence. As we continue to grow; the key in fulfilling our culture is hiring remarkable team members -- those employees who are willing to go above & beyond. We are currently seeking a talented, enthusiastic and hardworking individual who can meet the demands of supporting a very busy CEO/Chairman of the Board. This is truly an exciting opportunity to join a company that is quickly becoming a strong force in the home health market.
Title: Executive Assistant
Schedule: Full Time
Location: San Ramon, CA
Position Summary: The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the CEO/Chairman of the Board. This role will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO/Chairman of the Board. The keys to this role are being able to anticipate needs, a track record of handling confidential information and exhibiting a high degree of trustworthiness.
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including:
- Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments
- Composing and preparing confidential correspondence
- Completing preliminary review of contracts and business-related documents
- Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
- Compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- May take minutes of meetings and maintains the final records of the meetings.
• Plan, coordinate and ensure the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Assume "gatekeeper" role, creating ROI situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
• Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, management, staff, and others, on matters related to CEO's initiatives.
• Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral or response.
• Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
• Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may require attendance/participation in the absence of the CEO.
• Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the organization.
• Ensures that the CEO’s bio is kept updated throughout social networking sites. Responds to requests for meetings, presentations and material related to the organization.
• Edits and completes first draft for written communication to external parties – meeting scheduling, event participation, business dealings, legal documents, minutes, etc.
• Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Minimum 5-10 years as an Executive Assistant or comparable position.
- Bachelor’s Degree highly desired.
- Candidates with Legal Assistant or a Paralegal background are highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Comfortable in a high-growth environment.
- Proficient in MS Office and software navigation.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Exhibit professionalism and composure in stressful situations and in meeting short deadlines.
To Apply: Respond with submitting a copy of your resume.
More Information: Contact Trisha Bingham, Corporate Recruiter, at 510-690-1930 and visit our website at www.cvhcare.com.