Internal Application: Director of Rehabilitation (Physical Therapist)
Operations | Burbank, CA | Full Time
CVHCare is seeking an enthusiastic Physical Therapist, with recent home health management experience, to join our CVHCare management team as Director of Rehabilitation (DOR). This is a full-time opportunity will be based in Burbank, with professional oversight of service areas falling within the San Fernando Valley and Santa Clarita, with growth throughout the Greater Los Angeles area in 2018.
Important Application Information: Communication detailing next steps will be provided via email, so please keep an eye on your inbox. Our initial screening and interview process will involve the completion of a standard Physical Therapy Employment Application and Basic Skills Checklist which must be returned within 48-hours, upon completion, an initial phone interview will be scheduled with our Chief Personnel Officer. As we are expanding our services and ramping up staffing company-wide, our team will be working diligently to fill this management position as soon as possible
Position Summary: The Director of Rehabilitation (DOR) will facilitate the overall clinical planning, development and operations of existing and future company-wide Rehab programs, training and clinical protocols. The DOR has direct oversight of Agency management personnel, as well as field personnel, to include Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech/Language Pathologists, Physical Therapist Assistants and Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants. In partnership with Chief Operating Officer, establishes annual budget and monitors the allocation of resources according to budgetary standards.
- Supervise and oversee patient care provided by Rehab personnel
- Provide training, guidance and counseling to Rehab personnel to support improvements across all aspects of home health care services provided
- Complete Rehab services (patient visits) as needed to support Agency growth and increase in census
- Assist in the screening and interviewing process of new personnel
- Assist in the orientation/training of new personnel
- Interpret indicators to detect census changes and increases or decreases in volume, which could impact staffing levels, revenues or expenses
- Oversee proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws
- Responsible for the maintenance of adequate and appropriate inventory supplies and equipment
- Assist in the facilitation of in-service and continuing education programs for personnel
- Stays informed about changes in the field of rehab and home health care; shares information with appropriate members of leadership
- Promotes home health referrals in the health care community
- Evaluate performance of clinical personnel
- In the absence of the Administrator, the Director of Rehab may become the acting Administrator and will be vested with authority to act in behalf of the Administrator and organization
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy. Active CA Physical Therapy license. Doctorate Degree preferred. Valid BLS (basic life support) for Healthcare Providers.
Requirements: Minimum of three (3) years clinical rehabilitation experience. Recent rehabilitation management experience within a home healthcare setting required. Demonstrated ability to direct professional administrative personnel. Knowledge and expertise in clinical decision-making and quality management review and evaluation. Ability to deal tactfully and professionally with patient population being serviced. Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, negotiation skills, and critical thinking skills. Strong technology navigation, electronic medical records and MS Office skills, to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of business management, governmental regulations and Joint Commission standards preferred.
Who We Are: CVHCare is a thriving home health company, committed to the principles of Service, Integrity, Dignity and Excellence. As we continue to grow; the key in fulfilling our culture is hiring remarkable team members -- those employees who are willing to go above & beyond. We are currently seeking a talented, enthusiastic and hardworking individual who can meet the demands of supporting a very busy clinical team. This is truly an exciting opportunity to join a company that is quickly becoming a strong force in the home health market.
To Apply: Respond to this post, including a copy of your resume.
More Information: Contact Kristen Hunter, Chief Personnel Officer directly at (510) 690.1930.
EEOC: We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and an affirmative action employer.