Director of Nursing (DON) - Burlingame Agency
Operations | Burlingame, CA | Full Time
CVHCare is seeking an enthusiastic Registered Nurse, with recent home health management experience, to join our CVHCare management team as Director of Nursing (DON). This is a full-time opportunity will be based in Burlingame, with professional oversight of service areas falling within Santa Clara County, San Mateo County and the city of San Francisco.
Important Application Information: We will send communication regarding next steps via email, so please check your inbox. The application process involves the completion of a 45 minute online assessment, which must be completed within 48 hours of receipt in order for you to be considered for an in person interview.
In partnership with our Director of Rehab, the Director of Nursing is responsible for managing and monitoring overall performance for all health delivery systems. The DON establishes, implements and evaluates goals & objectives for clinical services offered, always striving to promote the highest level of patient satisfaction, continuity of care, safety and service excellence.
Position Summary: The Director of Nursing (DON) shall have overall responsibility for coordination of patient care services and shall be responsible for all nursing activities relevant to business unit. The Director of Nursing will fully support the standards of quality and up hold the corporate philosophy. The Director of Nursing shall have strong hands-on clinical expertise, sufficient background knowledge, and expertise in clinical decision-making for the patient population. Must have the ability to function strategically to meet and exceed the ever-changing needs of a diverse patient position within home health. The Director of Nursing ensures strict compliance with industry guidelines, state & federal regulations and corporate policies, and shall be available on the premises during normal operating hours/when patients are receiving service.
- Supervise and oversee patient care provided by clinical personnel
- Provide training, guidance and counseling to clinical personnel to support improvements across all aspects of home health care services provided
- Complete clinical services (patient visits) as needed to support agency growth and increase in census
- Assist in the screening and interviewing process of new personnel
- Assist in the orientation/training of new personnel
- Interpret indicators to detect census changes and increases or decreases in volume, which could impact staffing levels, revenues or expenses
- Oversee proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws
- Responsible for the maintenance of adequate and appropriate inventory supplies and equipment
- Assist in the facilitation of in-service and continuing education programs for personnel
- Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing, rehab and home health care; shares information with appropriate members of leadership
- Promotes home health referrals in the health care community
- Evaluate performance of clinical personnel
- In the absence of the Administrator, the Director of Nursing will become the acting Administrator and will be vested with authority to act in behalf of the Administrator and organization
- A Registered Nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the State of California
- A bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited program by the National League for Nursing is required. Master’s degree in health care preferred.
- Three (3) years of recent home health experience required
- Valid BLS and ACLS certification
- Current valid Driver’s License and means of transportation to visit patients at home. Also current auto registration and auto insurance for the vehicle being used. Auto insurance must be in accordance with state and organization requirements
- Knowledge and expertise in clinical decision-making and Quality Management review and evaluation.
- Ability to deal tactfully with patients, family members and referral sources
- Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of business management, governmental regulations and Joint Commission standards
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, negotiation skills, and critical thinking skills
- Strong MS Office skills, to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Who We Are: CVHCare is a thriving home health company, committed to the principles of Service, Integrity, Dignity and Excellence. As we continue to grow; the key in fulfilling our culture is hiring remarkable team members -- those employees who are willing to go above & beyond. We are currently seeking a talented, enthusiastic and hardworking individual who can meet the demands of supporting a very busy clinical team. This is truly an exciting opportunity to join a company that is quickly becoming a strong force in the home health market.
To Apply: Respond to this post, including a copy of your resume.
More Information: Contact a recruiter at 510-690-1930, or visit our website at www.cvhcare.com.
EEOC: We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and an affirmative action employer.