Compliance | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
Who We Are: CVHCare is a thriving home health company, committed to the principles of Service, Integrity, Dignity and Excellence. As we continue to grow; the key in fulfilling our culture is hiring remarkable team members -- those employees who are willing to go above & beyond.
Title: Compliance Coordinator
Schedule: Full Time – Exempt
Location: San Ramon
Position Summary: The Compliance Coordinator supports the organizational Compliance Program, functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews, evaluates and resolves compliance issues/concerns within the organization. The position ensures organizational personnel are in compliance with the rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies, Joint Commission, Medicare, etc. and that company policies and procedures are being followed. The Compliance Manager may delegate compliance issues to Compliance Coordinator for investigation and recommendation.
- Lead and/or coordinate internal audits to ensure compliance with regulations and policies by examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices and documentation.
- Recommend opportunities to strengthen the external/internal control structure.
- Regularly attend meetings with management to communicate project statuses & internal audit findings, discuss identified risks, and explore suitable solutions.
- Assist in coordinating state and federal audit visits and responses.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of corrective action plans resulting from internal and external audits to mitigate risks.
- Assist various departments in developing best practices in their operations in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of state and federal legislation, statutes and regulations, and local, state, and national health issues affecting the home health industry and organization.
- Assists with the preparation and completion of regulatory and compliance documents.
- Ensures compliance with contractual requirements and federal, state, and local government regulations.
- Prepares compliance audit data by compiling and analyzing internal and external information.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Assist in the investigation and research of compliance issues, such as allegations of violations, fraud waste and abuse, and other compliance issues.
- Complete other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within home health care.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Provide reports on a regular basis to keep Compliance Manager informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Periodically review regulatory and compliance standards (to include: Title 22, Conditions Of Participation, MedPAC minutes) to continue knowledge base and professional development.
- Under the direction of the Compliance Manager, support and coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends, improve efficiency, quality of services, and reduce vulnerability to fraud, abuse, and waste.
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare related field; plus one of the following (1) Master’s degree in a healthcare related field or (2) A current California license for a professional skilled discipline – i.e., Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, etc.
- Two (2) years healthcare experience within the last five (5) years.
- Computer experience in Excel, Word and presentation skills required.
- Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of clinical disciplines.
- Knowledge in clinical decision-making and case management review and evaluation.
- Sufficient background and knowledge in clinical decision-making to contribute to quality documentation auditing efforts/initiatives.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Must possess a high degree of organizational skills including effective time management skills to set/reset priorities accordingly.
- Knowledge of state, federal, Medicare and Joint Commission regulations relating to compliance.
- Exceptional communication skills, listening, written and verbal with the ability to manage difficult conversations, to include effective and tactful approach, while maintaining a calm and empathetic attitude
- Detail oriented team player
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and project management abilities
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities
To Apply: Apply online by submitting a copy of your resume at www.cvhcare.com.
More Information: Contact Kimberly Huiltron, Recruiter, at 510-690-1930 and visit our website at www.cvhcare.com.
CVHCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (MFDV) and welcomes diverse talent and backgrounds.